Jump to content
e39525iM

LS2 6.0ltr into E39

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Herbmiester said:

Then why even comment or subscribe?

Umm, because transplants are good projects to follow?

:huh:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, M3AN said:

Umm, because transplants are good projects to follow?

:huh:

I think he was getting at you said it didn't matter what engine, so in theory would you be interested if this was a 1.6L 4A-FE transplant? :p 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In for how much torque an e39 m5 diff can handle.

I would be definitely re-enforcing the front diff bush mounting. Have seen these snap even with stock M5 torque levels.

If you google search I think the instructions of how Dinan re-enforce it are available.. basically extra welds and some gussets around the sides. A solid diff mount should help with more of the load being absorbed by the subframe bushes.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Michael. said:

I think he was getting at you said it didn't matter what engine, so in theory would you be interested if this was a 1.6L 4A-FE transplant? 😛

Well that would be interesting too... for wildly different reasons.

But if one reads the thread they'll find that in context my comment made perfect sense... 'any [LS] engine' if people need it spelled out... I didn't think that would be necessary on a car enthusiasts' forum... 😕

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Well that would be interesting too... for wildly different reasons.

But if one reads the thread they'll find that in context my comment made perfect sense... 'any [LS] engine' if people need it spelled out... I didn't think that would be necessary on a car enthusiasts' forum... 😕

 

 

Shhh...It’s ok to be mis-understood you know 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Setting up the L76 for fitment in the Ute next to the L98. 

Was comparing HSV headers to stock manifolds. 

These are the ones that I would like to fabricate...

Lhd..i know

20180420_173237.jpg

20180608_180642.jpg

20180608_180647.jpg

20180608_175923.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some idea of the L98s potential....

Edited by e39525iM
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much for engine/gearbox plus shipping if you dont mind?

 

I've been trying to source one locally but if it's reasonable I'll try Aussie instead.

 

My 2008 VE was running 640hp pretty easily

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contact me brru. 022 689 5884

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmmmmm great Frankenstein - 6litres of goodness.   Keep up the posts because it’s shaping up to be cool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 98 is finally on thee operating table boys 😉 after the 76 found its home in the ute...

Plan to get the sump next week.

20180817_170109.jpg

20180817_143942.jpg

IMG-20180817-WA0006.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a lot of room to spare, LS engines sure are compact.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm super enthusiastic about this project

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apology Beemer brrus.... the transplant into the E39 has been changed to a 36. Reasons: like my car way too much incase I have to sell, power to weight ratio, more avenues for performace sector of workshop. 

Edited by e39525iM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome, what kind of E36? 

My brother, father and I are doing an L98 into an E36 Ti as a tarmac rally car.

Seems like a good bang for buck engine out there with a good manual trans. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, e39525iM said:

Apology Beemer brrus.... the transplant into the E39 has been changed to a 36. Reasons: like my car way too much incase I have to sell, power to weight ratio, more avenues for performace sector of workshop. 

I approve this message.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 8:05 PM, Michael. said:

My brother, father and I are doing an L98 into an E36 Ti as a tarmac rally car.

Have I missed your project thread, Mike?  This sounds AWESOME.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 6:38 AM, Olaf said:

Have I missed your project thread, Mike?  This sounds AWESOME.

Haha I agree! It's still in the faffing around stage but getting there. 

Still on the hunt for the motor, or a wrecked one so I can draw up the main working points into a cad program to develop the mounts. Already done the engine bay so it's getting there. Will definitely take shape in 2019, hopefully running springtime. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 8:05 PM, Michael. said:

Awesome, what kind of E36? 

My brother, father and I are doing an L98 into an E36 Ti as a tarmac rally car.

Seems like a good bang for buck engine out there with a good manual trans. 

Awesome brru. V8 is going into a coupe. 022 689 5884. I have a guy with some V8s but with autos. I can help source a manual kit for you.

Edited by e39525iM
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2018 at 11:40 AM, Michael. said:

Haha I agree! It's still in the faffing around stage but getting there. 

Still on the hunt for the motor, or a wrecked one so I can draw up the main working points into a cad program to develop the mounts. Already done the engine bay so it's getting there. Will definitely take shape in 2019, hopefully running springtime. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/holden/auction-1830687002.htm?rsqid=ab3c4d4680164c0a8ac4700b16d56aaf

 

No idea what it'll go for but would be able to offset car cost with flogging off the stuff thats of no use to you. Will also save the hassle of finding an ecu / harness when the time comes.

 

Also, look up Quest Fabrication, he's recently (ish) completed an LS1 into an E36 coupe as a drift hack, am sure he'd happily help out with mounts etc

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×