Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

My New Trolley

First up nice car Glenn, you'll enjoy it!

I'm just gonna throw this out there but I am a Sales Manager for Kia and I have been driving a Kia Stinger for over 6 months now, well am on my 4th V6 Sport and 2nd 4cyl GT Line (demo's). Honestly one of the best cars I've ever driven. You'd be hard pushed to find anything comparable for $60/70k in any brand! Awesome quality and well spec'd and performance which would rival many. On launch we drove them round Taupo track and they were pretty impressive to be honest, considering its their first shot but it shows Albert Bierman (ex BMW M division) and Peter Shreyers (ex Audi/VW) input into the Korean brands (Kia/Hyundai). Quality and reliability is fantastic and below shows my recently sold 2007 Sorento (199,000Kms) towing in my broken 135i with half the kms recently! Sorento never let me down and towed the racecar with ease, much better than my old diesel Prado!

My 2c...

30171052_10156131779966826_798540929298195970_o.jpg

22426201_10155604535511826_2851621801435024505_o.jpg

Edited by bmpower
  • Like 3

Hi Kerry LTNS . I'm really enjoying the vehicle thanks...I luv it. People really need to try something and understand how the features work in these vehicles before they criticize without even giving it a go or reading how it all works. Safety features are not automatically on when you start the vehicle. You can choose it to be on or off if you like. And you don't need to use the touch screen with most things while your driving if you set everything up properly. You can do it all through the steering wheel controls. It also won't suit tall lanky or over weight people and people with six kids. They will have to buy the appropriate barge to suit their needs. I enjoy it for what it is and what it gives me. Its small, fast, very well optioned, has AWD and a towbar. It's the best in it's class and priced well.  It also handles very well with the good footprint of the Hankook Ventus 235/45/R18 square set up. I'm more than happy with the wet and dry handling. There is no slip, no lag and youv'e got instant 4WD drive traction from the lights which does seem to piss a few off in the larger engined tanks when they have to follow the 1.6T badge down the road . I'm also looking at doing the 25/30% HP & torque mod once it's got 5k on the clock. Guys are also doing this with the KIA Stingers overseas I'm told with some really amazing results

saw Kerrys Kia a few weeks back. I couldn't believe what 60k could buy in a brand new car. astonishing the kit that it had. Its a good job he didn't turn the stereo on. i suspect i would have been giving ASB a phone call. 

Saw a Stinger on the road for the first time today, they look much better proportioned in reality than they do in pictures. I initially thought it was a quattroporte until got closer! 

Whereas the new commodore looks like an old hyundai accent crossed with mazda 6 :D

Edited by Jacko
  • Like 5

just read about the new long range EV version of this in the motoring supplement. 445 kg of battery ( to be fair was only 260 odd kw heavier than an engine but still thats a family of 4 people extra)  and $70k which they said was nearly double the dearest engine model, hell that's a lot of petrol to recoup then, let alone they suggested you had 4.5kw plug installed in your house which adds more costs and then there's the ongoing increase in your electricity bill.

just doesn't add up unless your a member of the greens/Gunts party

One of the employees at a customer of mine brought one about a month ago, less than 1000km and it was stacked by a truck going into the back of it. gutted. apparently is going to buy another, so i guess you can extrapolate they are happy with how it performed in a crash.

On 8/24/2018 at 2:04 PM, kwhelan said:

just read about the new long range EV version of this in the motoring supplement. 445 kg of battery ( to be fair was only 260 odd kw heavier than an engine but still thats a family of 4 people extra)  and $70k which they said was nearly double the dearest engine model, hell that's a lot of petrol to recoup then, let alone they suggested you had 4.5kw plug installed in your house which adds more costs and then there's the ongoing increase in your electricity bill.

just doesn't add up unless your a member of the greens/Gunts party

Hybrids dont stack up economically or financially on thier own. they only start to become viable when you put a value on perception of customers of your business, or the neighbours, and also that if they didnt sell any then battery technology would not progress.