Jump to content
nz750il

750il e38 1998

Recommended Posts

Bmw 750il 1998 e38

6,500 or make a offer

V12 5.4 litre

Well looked after

Recent service at BM Workshop

New warrent + rego

236944 km's

Viewing in Epsom,no swaps,no time wasters,no test drives just for fun

6,500 or make a offer

33467755_10156685089726435_2995612068301766656_n.jpg

33553668_10156685089756435_2838437984917782528_n.jpg

33575493_10156685090011435_1147185240775589888_n.jpg

33580927_10156685089786435_754175400816410624_n.jpg

33586984_10156685090186435_444885219464445952_n.jpg

33596127_10156685090051435_1923297951560499200_n.jpg

33647260_10156685090156435_6644627750546046976_n.jpg

Edited by nz750il
wrong year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey mate. Nice car. Could you please post some interior pictures?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gabe79 said:

Hey mate. Nice car. Could you please post some interior pictures?

 

48C901DA-3C09-4DD7-81A1-8F3526316BE1.jpeg

EAED5BE0-1A86-4AD5-B4B6-0D8DD06D6396.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Test drive?

Just for fun.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2018 at 9:19 PM, Young Thrash Driver said:

Nice but I'll never do a il. Unless I'm being chauffeured of course. :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kulgan said:

Nice but I'll never do a il. Unless I'm being chauffeured of course. 🙂 

Would you mind expanding on why? I always look on these nice looking e38s and in my mind, the IL would be desireable, from a comfort perspective... I'm sure there is much I don't know...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His reply pretty much says it, no real benefit in having extra leg room if don't use the back seats yourself, plenty of rear leg room in a std E38 for most. iL's are heavier and have SLS as standard which is great when carrying people\loads but more expensive to repair\replace if it fails.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Gabe79 said:

Would you mind expanding on why? I always look on these nice looking e38s and in my mind, the IL would be desireable, from a comfort perspective... I'm sure there is much I don't know...

 

14 minutes ago, Eagle said:

His reply pretty much says it, no real benefit in having extra leg room if don't use the back seats yourself, plenty of rear leg room in a std E38 for most. iL's are heavier and have SLS as standard which is great when carrying people\loads but more expensive to repair\replace if it fails.

What Eagle said. I never sit in the back seat of my car so theres no benefit to me in the extra leg room. Also from a aesthetic perspective I think the short wheel base is much more appealing to the eye. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eagle said:

His reply pretty much says it, no real benefit in having extra leg room if don't use the back seats yourself, plenty of rear leg room in a std E38 for most. iL's are heavier and have SLS as standard which is great when carrying people\loads but more expensive to repair\replace if it fails.

 

1 hour ago, kulgan said:

 

What Eagle said. I never sit in the back seat of my car so theres no benefit to me in the extra leg room. Also from a aesthetic perspective I think the short wheel base is much more appealing to the eye. 

Hmm... so if I just want a nice comfy ride for long range trips with the family maybe the shorter wheel base would suit me better... I keep wondering where to go from the current e39, unsure if the direction is e38/65, or e39 Touring, or e61.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Gabe79 said:

 

Hmm... so if I just want a nice comfy ride for long range trips with the family maybe the shorter wheel base would suit me better... I keep wondering where to go from the current e39, unsure if the direction is e38/65, or e39 Touring, or e61.

If you want to try a 38, hit me up

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a bit left field but consider a w211 E class. They are comfortable saloons. My old E350 just came up for sale from the guy i sold it to. Looks excellent still asking $9k. Some others on tm for as low as 6-7k. Way more comfortable than e39. Less sporty in the corners but for trips its amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2018 at 7:35 PM, Breaker said:

If you want to try a 38, hit me up

Thanks for the offer. I might drop you a PM once this house stuff is all done here (We should hopefully move in and be in our own house again at the end of this month!)

On 6/6/2018 at 9:03 PM, qube said:

a bit left field but consider a w211 E class. They are comfortable saloons. My old E350 just came up for sale from the guy i sold it to. Looks excellent still asking $9k. Some others on tm for as low as 6-7k. Way more comfortable than e39. Less sporty in the corners but for trips its amazing. 

I had actually considered the W211s before and having looked through, there is a gorgeous blue one for sale now. I am trying to convince my wife this is a good way to go for us. She remains unconvinced and unsympathetic to my car shenanigans!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did a W211 E500, went back to an E39 then the 38s. Bit lame handler but good value cruiser 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×