Sign in to follow this  
Bennyboy

CSL time again

7 hours ago, m325i said:

Who was the female celeb owner?

Exactly. Who was famous in the early two thousands?

Sally Ridge? Rachel Hunter? Chloe from Wainui?

This is based on feedback from a friend who enquired about this car. It was owned by the matriarch of a very wealthy family who built their substantial net worth during the 1980’s. Not exactly high profile today, and certainly weren’t celebrities when this was sold new. 

Love the whinger in the Q&A complaining about the black grilles. GTFO buddy.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, ssbmw said:

This is based on feedback from a friend who enquired about this car. It was owned by the matriarch of a very wealthy family who built their substantial net worth during the 1980’s. Not exactly high profile today, and certainly weren’t celebrities when this was sold new. 

Nice bit of marketing though 

This csl looks ugly to me, can't quite pick it. Linked to to a mate and got the same reaction. 

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:52 PM, KwS said:

Love the whinger in the Q&A complaining about the black grilles. GTFO buddy.

No so sure about that. When you are listing the car as "totally original and immaculate" and "collectors car" then surely that is what it should be. Putting black grilles and cheap trademe carbon splitters onto a CSL and then calling it "totally original" is a bit of a whopper if you ask me. And to be honest, detract totally from the car. Easily corrected though you would hope!

• Like 3

The carbon splitters should be genuine and looks in-line with the CSL model afaik.

Also not a fan of the black grills but definitely easily changed.

I believe the "whinger" is the same person who was on here recently asking about the E39 M5 and having a go at some of us for not being polite or something. Looks like they have copped a red face feedback as first trade. A+ top class act.

• Like 1

One of the comments mentions black badges on the back but I can't see any at all.

The CF bits are genuine and I agree, needs the proper grill and CSL badge on the back. But let's be honest, if you're going to spend six figures it would be very easy to make a condition of purchase having these items restored to factory condition - it's unlikely the seller would turn down a good offer on those conditions and it's equally unlikely that somebody looking for a CSL is going to walk away from a deal just because of that.

If I was picky I'd say the steering wheel is a little ratty for the miles but that's just cosmetic.

the grills are not a good sign, when advertised as original , especialy for such a car and the rear bages blacked out, (A trademe trader commented on these items and i see KWS here has  questioned there comment but id say fair comment on a car advertised as it is and for so much) seems odd make you question what else might not be right about the car, the driver seat bolster looks overworn for the low kms,, top dollar he is asking. 100k would be more like it seeing as the doctors one from north otago with 22,000kms sold for 99k less than a year ago, and that was a one owner nz new car,

• Like 1

Oh and still looking for that very nice E39 M5 if anyone knows of one for sale.   

20 hours ago, M3EVO1 said:

the grills are not a good sign, when advertised as original , especialy for such a car and the rear bages blacked out, (A trademe trader commented on these items and i see KWS here has  questioned there comment but id say fair comment on a car advertised as it is and for so much) seems odd make you question what else might not be right about the car, the driver seat bolster looks overworn for the low kms,, top dollar he is asking. 100k would be more like it seeing as the doctors one from north otago with 22,000kms sold for 99k less than a year ago, and that was a one owner nz new car,

if you dont like them, why even go to the effort of bringing it up? Either buy the car and fix them yourself (which is cheap), or just go away.

In regards to the price, go buy another CSL, right now. You cant? Well thats why the price is what it is. Also cant remember the last time i saw a black CSL available?

Oh and alcantara goes smooth and shiney if you so much as look at it. I wouldnt say its "overworn" but maybe hasnt been properly cleaned in a while. It can be easily restored. Its not like the bolster is torn through or torn.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
Tidied up
  • Like 4

Everytime one of these comes up for sale the amount of crap comment that gets generated blows my mind. 

I am going to bury mine with me when I die just so I don’t have to deal with these type of comments ???

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

Stop reading the internet then Tom or you'll have an aneurysm. Life is nothing without wild speculation. ?

If it sells it's worth what it sells for. Advertisements like this, for cars like these, are more about signalling there's one for sale rather than trying to achieve a sale at the listed price. Put it up for 100k and get tyre kickers offering 75k... put it up for 130k and if somebody wants to pay that much they will and if they offer 100k instead then you're got the start of a discussion. Surely nobody buys a car like this on Trademe anyway.

I enjoy being a grumpy old man, I thrive on it lol!

Everyone’s entitled to a general value opinion, but how many are actually in the market for one? Or can afford the asking price. 

Cars like this will yoyo in value depending on what’s out there and the demand for it - Heck I think the person that paid $100million for that Classic Ferrari is crazy, but I am not even in the same league as those bidding on that Ferrari (not even close) so who am I to say it was overpriced or not?

Reality is you can’t build a 1:1 replica CSL for the price of buying one now days assuming you can source every single part.

Sure you can build a replica using replica parts for cheaper and get the same thrill so there’s always that route. But it’s not the same - different strokes for different folks.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
Quoting previous post.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, M3_Power said:

Everytime one of these comes up for sale the amount of crap comment that gets generated blows my mind. 

I am going to bury mine with me when I die just so I don’t have to deal with these type of comments ???

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1733633/9-man-buries-father-brand-new-bmw-car-instead-coffin/

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, M3_Power said:

Everyone’s entitled to a general value opinion, but how many are actually in the market for one? Or can afford the asking price. 

Very, very few. And that's ultimately my point, the Trademe price is irrelevant unless somebody is prepared to pay it.

My mate put his up for $100k and got $70k offers. He tired of that game very quickly.

Edited by M3AN

On 6/14/2018 at 12:16 PM, M3_Power said:

But Tom by that time you wouldn't know....boys grab your shovel, we gonna visit Uncle Tom....lol

Beautiful apart from being black. God I hate black cars.

• Like 2