Sign in to follow this  
BradMosen

Restoring Half leather seats

Has anyone got any tips on restoring E36 Half leather seats? The cloth has faded to blue and the leather has cracked like they usually do. Is there anyway I can make them look a bit nicer?

To be honest, just keep an eye out for a replacement set. You should be able to pick up nice ones for less than $100.

Or keep an eye out for the motorsport ones I'm about to sell!

• Like 1

How much are you going to want to sell them for? And are they for a coupe? Or does it not matter?

Hi Brad, no price in mind yet. I only have the rear seats (coupe - yes it matters for the rear) which have been refinished with new motorsport material inserts and door cards to suit.

To be honest I mentioned that a bit tongue in cheek - they're not going to match your front seats.

RearInstalled01.jpg

It's practically impossible to "restore" the seats you have without getting them recovered which is expensive. However the do come up for sale reasonably frequently and that may be your best route.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

Those look awesome! I've considered going for aftermarket seats so they could work.

MIght have the front Recaros with matching inserts, e36 mounts and sliders to suit at some point in the near future. It's an abandoned project so will still require some work and the Recaros are in pieces at the mo. You can just see the passenger seat in that photo. Price would climb accordingly of course... although my priority is to declutter rather than profit.

FrontMock01.jpg

Have you got a matching passenger Recaro too? If so, I'd be super keen to get the lot man. Can you give me a ball park figure of what it would all cost so I can get some what of an idea? Let me know if you want to get rid of them.

Yep, have both, will send you a PM.