Sign in to follow this  
IrishJonny

E30's long time admirer, first time owner.

Hi team! My name's Jonny and I'm from Northern Ireland. I recently moved to NZ with my partner to the East Coast Bays, where she grew up. 

I've never owned anything close to a classic before but I've been given the opportunity here to have and work on a beautiful 1990 320i. I've never worked on cars before but i know that these older vehicles suit the tinkerer a lot more than modern computerized vehicles so I've decided that with this in mind, this E30 will be my project for the next few years. 

I've already done some minor fixes, repairs or maintenance tasks, many for the first time in my life and I must say, I'm hooked. The Mrs already rolls her eyes when I start talking about what I want to do in the future, so, I figure that I must be doing something right..? 

Anyways, that's my little intro, I hope to become an active and valued member but mainly, I'm here to leech knowledge from you bimmer wizards until I have something I can contribute to and know that I have inside out knowledge on. 

Thanks for having me! 

IMG_20180409_125815.jpg

• Like 6

Hey Jonny! Nice looking wee car, and great photo. More of that please! 

• Thanks 1

Ahh, the Tor of Torbay - I grew up climbing that thing.

Nice looking car and welcome!

• Thanks 1

dont worry if you missus thinks your nuts, you have found the right support group.

Put this into your diary for November. https://www.facebook.com/events/157004731770800/

welcome to bimmersport!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys! I will definitely add that meet to my interested list but at the minute, I'd be scared to attempt a near six hour drive in the old girl. 

Need to look into a sticky throttle, most likely needs a new cable, wherever I'd find a reasonable priced one of those over here, and then get a full set of new tyres but, at least I've got time for that. Eventually, I'll get the bumps knocked out and get a respray but to be honest, I'm fairly proud of the body. 

One last photo before I head out creating more direct threads etc. From Caffeine and Classics in Takapuna last month. 

IMG_20180527_105857.jpg

Edited by IrishJonny
  • Like 2