Sign in to follow this  
Whatchain

E90 335i slow/weak start up?

Hi all, been having a problem where the car seems like it's struggling to start up. it doesn't take long to fire up but just seems very weak? once it fires up it drives fine. I took it to supercheap auto and they said the battery is 540/570cca but the charge capacity is low? would that be alternator or starter motor or something else? anyone have any ideas?

Take it to an auto sparky & get them to check it properly. Your description is rather vague to be able to properly diagnose & just creates speculation.

Does it take a couple seconds to start up when cold but starts up instantly when warm?

If battery is good, it's common for the high pressure fuel pumps to cause this issue when they get old. It causes a shadow code relating to fuel pressure, which can be read with MHD. Code 2BDE if I remember correctly. 

Edited by Matth5
  • Like 1

Fixed. I removed the sub and amp in the boot and that seems to have fixed the issue with slow/weak start up , corner light failure and dropping of left side low beam light. My guess is that it was pulling too much power for the car to handle. It starts fine now and also lost about 30kgs of unnecessary weight in the back. ?