GoldenE46

1999 323ci turbo/sc info wanted

Hey looking for any and all info I get on fitting a turbo/sc on my 1999 323ci

I believe my engine will be a m52b25 unsure if it's single vanos or what and unsure of how that will affect things but I think it does give an easy place to rap into for oil feed?

I also believe it' odb1 and I'm unsure if that increases or decreases tuning capabilitys

Biggest issue I see is the amount of room on the turbo side, the manifold is easily achievable as I've seen an ozzy flip the factory extractors to easily clear steering but then I'm wondering if any one has done this then what size downpipe did you fit and how? Also considered running a pipe to the other side but again room is limited. 

Another option I'm curious about is what type/style of superchargers will work easiest? I read about estima turbos working ok.  

Will be doing arp studs and a MLS gasket and injectors and bigger intake etc not rich so hoping to be able to use a rb25det turbo or a estima supercharger or something along those lines.

Sorry for the long post guys any help is much appreciated 

20180408_135832.jpg

estima sc14 superchargers can be fitted quite neatly on the intake side of the engine, theres a local (nz) guy that does a full bolt on kit good for 5-6 pound.  Thats the route im looking at going.  You could probably use an oil distribution block for oil feed,  i bought one from rally road to run pressure and temp gauges.  

I think the rally road oil distribution block is curretly on sale, its a good quality part.

On 6/14/2018 at 6:43 AM, Drea//Mer said:

estima sc14 superchargers can be fitted quite neatly on the intake side of the engine, theres a local (nz) guy that does a full bolt on kit good for 5-6 pound.  Thats the route im looking at going.  You could probably use an oil distribution block for oil feed,  i bought one from rally road to run pressure and temp gauges.  

I think the rally road oil distribution block is curretly on sale, its a good quality part.

The guy that makes those kits was on this forum, before he got banned.

His kits have numerous problems, and I have not heard of even one working properly yet.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, zero said:

The guy that makes those kits was on this forum, before he got banned.

His kits have numerous problems, and I have not heard of even one working properly yet.

Pretty sure @dirtydoogle got one for a laugh, it needed modding before it would even fit on a bench engine...

My friends down the road have a pretty wikid rotary company called HPR and will easily be able to get it mounted nicely, I did read about the estimas s/c being a good option. 

I made my own brackets etc, and  Hyde kit didn't suit me. 

Mine was running a PWR water to air cooler under the intake manifold 

You don't need an oil feed for blower. 

You will need to have a blower bypass valve

It won't make big hp with an sc14, but will be an improvement

Turbo can be done, low mount with an oil scavenge pump is the way around the dump pipe issue

Wouldn't bother modifying the 2.5 internally, you could safely run 3-350hp on it with a proper tune 

On 6/15/2018 at 7:25 PM, Young Thrash Driver said:

Pretty sure @dirtydoogle got one for a laugh, it needed modding before it would even fit on a bench engine...

I initially started with brackets based off his but they're not very elegant 

Also bear in mind you want a decent ecu to get the best out of it.

Hyde claims you dont but that is just marketing.

2 hours ago, zero said:

Also bear in mind you want a decent ecu to get the best out of it.

Hyde claims you dont but that is just marketing.

His set up is dodgy and dangerous, you can see his 328 running out of injector in one of his videos, real neat...