Sign in to follow this  
The H. Behemoth

The Epic Blower Thread - Various DIY Supercharger Methods

Hello everyone! Its only fair I am allowed to say a word when so much of me is being discussed.  All tall words and tales mean nothing, Here is the proof of my work.

3rd Place in American Endurance Races 2017 (3rd Out of 80 Cars)

American-Endurance-Races-Tequila-Petrol-

13116132_1702378590025078_55414520208511

24Hr Endurance Race:

Dyno Pull:

38th Place in Bimmerfest East USA 2017

0729171207.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mu7SGnrPoI&t=

Bix 7 2018 UK National Kit Car Show Stoneleigh (May Issue)

DMO-1.jpg

DMO-4.jpg

DMO-2.jpg

DMO-3.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/dmosportscars/

First ever M122H GT500 Blower on a BMW I6. Capable of 13 - 30PSI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_klgYGm0zA

IMG_2392.jpg

Pre Production:
0503181914-1.jpg

Dynos from an M54B30 NZ Build only 6 PSI.

Matt-M53B30-Dyno1.jpeg

Matt-M53B30-Dyno2.jpeg

Matt-M53B30-Dyno3.jpeg

Literally Hundreds of Clients world wide. Brackets current evolution is V2.1 X (Adds support for Larger Alternators), are powder coated, robots who do welding at the factory who makes parts for BOSH, Yes, thats how big we are now. Never had a Complaint. Also sell plans, if you make it yourself, you are responsible for the quality. I also dont do tuning, that costs more, Have Tuners in UK, EU and USA. Brackets are universal. Ships from UK. Craftsmanship and Quality Guarantied.

Quality:

HMW-V2.1-UK.png

Engraved-HMW-V2.1X.jpg

Engraved-Manifolds-HMW-1.jpg

Finished-Manifolds-101.jpg

How brackets are made:

Edited by The H. Behemoth
Thread cleaned up. Play nice and you can stay.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hello Everyone, We are working on a All Steel Based Manifold for the M5X & S5x Motors in the coming months, available later this year, The plenum / air collector part however is now being redesigned to be a simple, shorter and tubular variation as its originally meant for the M122H and TVS Blower. it will be made available separate for public for a 1/2 - 1/4th the cost of whatever is available in the nz and international market.

Any feedback is always welcome.

641708401_HMWSSM5XManifoldPre-Concept.png.214bcebab36bafb1f05d3b12e299fa85.png

• Like 2

Hi Olaf, Yes. You will find some pictures and videos on the first posts? Are they showing up? There are a few Dynos. Apart from that I am unsure what kind of proof you are after apart from whats in the pudding.

I personally try to upload videos every few months, prefer to have good quality content (Cant upload every video worth a few seconds every time a client gets one up and running, I save those to show other clients.  Overall quality matters more than quantity with me and most clients just decide to take some photos and off they go. You will likely find a few of our setups in NZ going around yet only less than half who actually show. That said I am still looking for people to do a proper build log type video.

I'll post up more content as I go, long as you all would like to see more? Eg. the Intake manifolds for these motors, we also have a the E30 project finishing up in a month or so and upcoming M60/M62 V8 Project based around the GT500 Blower coming towards the end of this year. :)

Best Regards,

• Like 2

Hi Olaf!

Indeed, new build logs are always welcome, proper ones. As for what the product is. Yes you guessed it right, It is the many ways Custom Supercharger Setups are done on these cars as on the title and context of the posts. We help people putting together a setup that use Roots blowers such as GT500's M122H and the TVS along with other Eatons and even Toyota Blowers for the budget builder. That said we are a hobbyist project, something on the side, all the details you are after such as about us, are in the about us page, I rather not link  and just deem this post for content than just text. Our R&D Department in NJ, USA and all goods are warehoused and shipped from Scotland and you can write to us at our Wellington address mailbox.

As for the Tequila Petrol 332ti, that car & team belongs to the Director of Public Works & Planning in  Doylestown, Pennsylvania, USA. And it made history actually first time ever a supercharged car entered the American Endurance Races, that's our Setup. And after 24hrs it came in 3rd out of the 80 other cars. And functioning till this day. I leave up to those of you who chose to be critical to do their own research through google perhaps and come to your own conclusions,  and if not I rather keep this as is and post new updates and information when available and perhaps we shall agree to disagree as surely I cant win all. :)

Thank you again for the interest, I shall bring you more pictures and perhaps build logs in the future as we have more content coming.

Warm Regards,

• Like 2

Marketing strategy aside, i think your policy of recommending that your customers fit this product illegally to circumvent the cert process is very dodgy and a sign of what to expect from your whole operation! Probably best not to do it on your website too!

Hi there, yes it indeed is a cheaper option specially on a fully stock motor as in not build up, which is what most people want, and most of the 5-6K kits only push around 8 – 10 PSI or an additional 100whp, that can be achived with these blowers on the run for a fraction of the cost. Specially again thats the most the stock motor (unopened with stock HG etc) will handle and is still nice for most people. In the future I do have plans to relase Eaton Brackets for larger gains. The V2 templates will fit the M54B28 in your E46 328ci. I have some exprience with LTNZ and it will cost depending on whom you go to, as in individual agents, getting to know the guy helps a lot, usually you are looking at anywhere from $300 – $500 to cert it, the only other thing you will need before the cert is 2 axel/drive shaft loops for safety (which are again on trademe for around $100 a set). However keep in mind according to LTNZ you will require a cert for this, however its so simple it will take you most 1hr to revert to stock before your WOF and that is only once or twice a year and is the only place that may question your addition of the blower. I have also got your email and will respond there..

36 minutes ago, aja540i said:

Marketing strategy aside, i think your policy of recommending that your customers fit this product illegally to circumvent the cert process is very dodgy and a sign of what to expect from your whole operation! Probably best not to do it on your website too!

Hi there, yes it indeed is a cheaper option specially on a fully stock motor as in not build up, which is what most people want, and most of the 5-6K kits only push around 8 – 10 PSI or an additional 100whp, that can be achived with these blowers on the run for a fraction of the cost. Specially again thats the most the stock motor (unopened with stock HG etc) will handle and is still nice for most people. In the future I do have plans to relase Eaton Brackets for larger gains. The V2 templates will fit the M54B28 in your E46 328ci. I have some exprience with LTNZ and it will cost depending on whom you go to, as in individual agents, getting to know the guy helps a lot, usually you are looking at anywhere from $300 – $500 to cert it, the only other thing you will need before the cert is 2 axel/drive shaft loops for safety (which are again on trademe for around $100 a set). However keep in mind according to LTNZ you will require a cert for this, however its so simple it will take you most 1hr to revert to stock before your WOF and that is only once or twice a year and is the only place that may question your addition of the blower. I have also got your email and will respond there..

Ah yes a Comment from the old blog, one must be quite invested to bring that up. Now  far worse things go on and there are folks who chose to do that which I stated in the comment, I merely state the obvious as a personal opinion, mind you. And that is a fruitless statement to say that ones personal opinion that conflicts with yours has anything to do with caliber of ones work or what to expect. The works are proven time and time again and these are just cheap shots really, not that it has much effect.

I have helped folks get Certs before, and Always recommend they do so if their local laws require it. That said I rather not argue gentlemen.

1 hour ago, Olaf said:

?  How many paragraphs have I read, and still it's not clear what your product is, where you're from, or why you can't furnish any detail.  Well, apart from a few disjointed pictures and videos, and some bold claims that we can't verify, and you're unable or unwilling to back up.  I call BS.  There's nothing here to agree to disagree about, apart from your grammar.  

Are you a collective or co-operative?  Your ware housing and distro is in Scotland (the country?), though no detail of what the prouct *actually* is, or where it's manufactured.  There are more holes in your story than the slice of swiss cheese I'm about to bite into with my lunch.

The more you write here, the more dubious this becomes.  You're not moonlighting as one of those jokers calling me in the evenings asking about my "Vindells", are you?

And Olaf, The work is all over the place, there are those who akin to you will keep questioning and thats fine, grammar is a great last resort by the way, I am not here to argue or go off topic. I do not think I am keen on trying to change your personal opinions or feelings nor require your verification. Because its just becoming nit picking really, I am merely showing some work for those who may like seeing it. So be as it may, call it as you like it, enjoy your lunch, Wish you well and we will just agree to disagree.

Regards.

• Like 2

To market it you are going to need to have a dyno pull video with the resulting graphs in one constant shot to prove its the same car. You will also need to include in the same shot the air/fuel ratio graphs and torque graphs, and detail what ecu has been used and what tuning the ecu needed.

28 minutes ago, zero said:

To market it you are going to need to have a dyno pull video with the resulting graphs in one constant shot to prove its the same car. You will also need to include in the same shot the air/fuel ratio graphs and torque graphs, and detail what ecu has been used and what tuning the ecu needed.

Hi Zero, Thanks for the feedback, Oh the "marketing' part on the title is just a jest, funny so I left it there. Topic is just to show work thats been done. Not wanting marketing advise, the project has come far, and we do well on our own and have enough clients to serve, hopefully we'll keep improving as we grow. But quite disappointed to hear if you are going to be 'that' skeptical, Those dynos I posted, are actually from a reputable shop right down in Hamilton. ;) -Now if we have to 'prove something' with a video and all that. Gosh, no conspiracy really but oh well. No matter we will have much more content coming up this year to be eye full and I will be sure to post them here for you all to enjoy should you like. Until then I wish you well too. Any projects you would like to see, or have feedback on please leave a line.  Thanks again!

Warm Regards,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The H. Behemoth said:

Ah yes a Comment from the old blog, one must be quite invested to bring that up. Now  far worse things go on and there are folks who chose to do that which I stated in the comment, I merely state the obvious as a personal opinion, mind you. And that is a fruitless statement to say that ones personal opinion that conflicts with yours has anything to do with caliber of ones work or what to expect. The works are proven time and time again and these are just cheap shots really, not that it has much effect.

I have helped folks get Certs before, and Always recommend they do so if their local laws require it. That said I rather not argue gentlemen.

And Olaf, The work is all over the place, there are those who akin to you will keep questioning and thats fine, grammar is a great last resort by the way, I am not here to argue or go off topic. I do not think I am keen on trying to change your personal opinions or feelings nor require your verification. Because its just becoming nit picking really, I am merely showing some work for those who may like seeing it. So be as it may, call it as you like it, enjoy your lunch, Wish you well and we will just agree to disagree.

Regards.

Fair point, it is my opinion, but i suspect there will be others who share my opinion and won't deal with an aftermarket parts supplier who suggests illegally modifying their vehicle, the comment is on your website right now, and i didn't have to hunt for it.

On a more constructive note, you need to stop using textured powder coating on components that need to form air tight seals with hoses and gaskets, it's just not smart, switch to a plain gloss or satin powder on those parts and save the textured finish for other bits.

• Like 1

Thanks AJ. Yes I felt some of the previous posts were just becoming more so having a personal 'go' per say at the personality as a means to discredit ones work rather than being a discussion of the projects really. So I chose not to engage in them as I said cant have them all.

Yes that is on the old blogs FAQ Section, answering peoples comments in context, I emphasized on the subject of getting it certified where such laws apply; and no where do I say, not to. I state how, where, how much it costs, and also what some people do to avoid, I merely offered information, I don't condone it, nor do I condemn it. Its a grey area really and what people chose to do is their business; We are merely hobbyists who offer hardware products and support for those who wish to try them.

Yes good point, I generally have the mating sides where gaskets will seal (the manifolds really) polished and re-treated at the factory after powder coating. Other than that, We are actually using electro plating for our latest batches, Do keep an eye out, I will be back in a few months with much more content that I am sure you will love!

Regards,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The H. Behemoth said:

But quite disappointed to hear if you are going to be 'that' skeptical, Those dynos I posted, are actually from a reputable shop right down in Hamilton. ;) -Now if we have to 'prove something' with a video and all that. Gosh, no conspiracy really but oh well.

All you have to do is video a dyno run and just pan over to show the readout on the dyno screen.

Make sure you show air fuel ratios as well.

Its so simple to do that you have to question why you haven't done it yet.

This guy got laughed out of here when he said he was going to do it.

Then he did it. 

And now people don't believe him?

Good work Hyde, keep it up I say.

• Like 2

Your brackets look much better than the older product you had. 

Good stuff

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:07 PM, M3AN said:

This guy got laughed out of here when he said he was going to do it.

Then he did it. 

And now people don't believe him?

Good work Hyde, keep it up I say.

But did he actually? Im also not completely sure what im looking at in this thread... and whats with this "thats my old blog" crap and refusing to link to your current site?

If you want to name drop "Bosch", actually spell it right or your credibility is shot, or do you actually mean "Bosh"? If it's Bosch, they make an awful lot of products, and not all of them big or good, so you might want to be a bit more specific.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Thread tidied up to avoid going over old ground.

Moderators are well aware of the history here and are keeping an eye out, no need for other posts on the subject.

To be fair, the product does now look much more "marketable" than before, so kudos there.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. Well I dont want to single anyone out but for those in doubt, I'd say I have done SO much in the past half a decade it would be hard to make one believe. Since we are questioning reality, here is one out of a dozen highlights of my work and if I did or didn't...

"Thanks also go to Scandanavian and New Zealand transplant Hyde - who helped with the SC bits from the other side of the world and shared his expert advice and knowledge."

Link:- 

https://www.facebook.com/TequilaPetrol/posts/1865190397077229:0

We will actually be upgrading the team with the GT500 or 2.3L TVS blower later next year.

On a personal note If I may, I find it a bit Orwellian esq that some folks are coming after credibility of ones work through using my personal beliefs, grammar, spelling vice versa (for someone who speaks over five languages, I am not concerned) it doesn't take away ones credibility, the work is out there. But lets please be considerate, its really disappointing as I said, I just wished to come by once a while and show case whats been done;  I think regardless of our personal differences the BMW enthusiasts in NZ have the right to know and see what the rest of the world already has, so why do we have to argue or prove anything? :) so far its all been just coming after the personality cult I have, rather than the product, Even those who criticize can appreciate the amount of work that goes into this sort of stuff. I don't want to leave any links to the work directly here out of courtesy,  let the work do the talking and for those whos interest It sparks and they know the name, can just put that on google next to blowers or bmws and usually find it all on the top of the page if not somewhere on the first page, Its something that's been constantly evolving and has actually been marketed around the world for years now. So please, if we cant agree on something, lets agree to leave it at just that and enjoy it for what it is.

Some may recognize this car from the tracks, Also uses our setup.

- there is so much client content that I don't even upload or show just due to wanting better quality of content really over quantity.

And that said I will be back with more content including some latest dyno pulls and all that, as you all requested; we were thinking of giving away a few setups actually as we have much coming this year.

Wish everyone a great weekend!

Regards,

• Like 2

Ok, I want to believe, but for the love of whatever, please just put up the links being requested. Stop being so secret squirrel about it all. What's worse, you linking to what you actually want us to know, or for us to go googling and make our own conclusions from whatever random stuff we find?

• Like 1

Sorry just not enough clear information to get me interested, sounds good in concept but until you have exact spec, dyno figure and full kit pricing its of little interest. 

On 8/11/2018 at 12:07 PM, The H. Behemoth said:

Hello Everyone, We are working on a All Steel Based Manifold for the M5X & S5x Motors in the coming months, available later this year, The plenum / air collector part however is now being redesigned to be a simple, shorter and tubular variation as its originally meant for the M122H and TVS Blower. it will be made available separate for public for a 1/2 - 1/4th the cost of whatever is available in the nz and international market.

Any feedback is always welcome.

641708401_HMWSSM5XManifoldPre-Concept.png.214bcebab36bafb1f05d3b12e299fa85.png

So do ya reckon your product can compete with this?

On 8/27/2018 at 1:51 PM, Young Thrash Driver said:

So do ya reckon your product can compete with this?

Yes, Thats the concept, The final revision will be using our own air collector, much shorter to accommodate large blowers (the reason for its inception). We are still months away from the final revision.  That said still to see any feedback for the concept really, other than diverting with usual escapism. Oh well.

Regards,

Hows everyone here? Hope you are all doing well.?

Sorry I haven't been as active and posting updates for you all. Has life kept me busy. I was in the Netherlands on a business project that was assigned by a Dutch University that my associate took on and I was dragged into it. After that I was invited and sponsored on a winter holiday to stay at the private Stuttgart residence of an well known ex Daimler PR. I only returned from Germany earlier this year and went for a holiday driving all around NZ, was in Christchurch 3 days before the horrible event happened. Anyone who hasn't been to the Southisland, put it on your bucket list, best drives and scenery you can have in this part of the world. Currently they are processing my application for joining a private German university around March 2020. Meanwhile I have been in touch with some very high ups at 2 big companies in Germany and will likely be joining ZF or Daimler.

Meanwhile at HMW we have gotten some projects completed an released to public, others are coming ahead. The M122H KC Setup using the GT500 M122H Eaton Blower was released mid year. Its a setup capable of 600HP's + as well as able to utilize the TVS 2300 Supercharger as well as 2.8-2.9L KB & Whipple Twin Screw Blowers. This is The Largest Supercharger Setup ever conceived for BMW's. We have also released the M62/M90/M45 Setups. A New version of the SC14 setups is also coming, and have under development a project for the 4 Cylinder M40, M42, M43 & M44 Engines on the 318ti etc. That and next year we may be finally able to release the kits for the BMW V8/M60/M62 engines as well as the M20 and M30.

So here we are some pictures and videos for you all below:

HMW M122H KC - The Largest Modern Roots Supercharger Ever Put on a BMW
HMW-KCM122H-Full-Kit.jpeg

KCM122H-Side-2-2019-04-13.jpeg

KCM122H-Front-2019-04-13.jpeg

KCM122H-Inlet-Front-2019-04-13.jpeg

KCM122H-Front-0-2019-04-13.jpeg

HMW-M122H-KC-Installed.jpg

HMW SS Manifolds

Custom-Manifolds-HMW-KC-6-Cylinder-M5XS5
HMW-6-Cylinder-M5XS5X-Manifold-2nd-Editi

HMW V3 Eaton M62/M90/M45

20190922_142407.jpg

20190922_142244.jpg

20190922_142250.jpg

HMW V2.1X SC14 2018 Batches

Full-V2.1X-Brackets-Kit-No-SC14-2018-Fal

Full-V2.1X-Brackets-Kit-No-SC14-2018-Fal

Full-V2.1X-Brackets-2018-Fall-Pic101.jpg

V2.1X-Manifolds-Pic-101.jpg

20190725_140524.jpg

HMW Custom Supercharger Pulley

20190725_133549.jpg

20190725_135257.jpg

HMW V4 MOAB - Largest SC Setup Project for the BMW 4 Cylinder M4X Engines - Uses 4 different Superchargers (AMR500, M45, M62 & SC14)

MOAB-V4-Prototype.jpg

IMG_20190608_143013.jpg

I had so much I'd wanted to show, unfortunately most builds don't look neat and tidy enough to our standards of presentation, here are some that caught my eye recently

September's prettiest SC14 V2.1X Build in UK

image6(2).thumb.jpeg.b9942a882902635838bb2b7238806427.jpegIMG_0975.thumb.jpg.ac54fd14d65e94ef371e26d2189b218f.jpgIMG_0956.thumb.jpg.3c9cb82dd8cc4383f790ceb77a76ff8c.jpgIMG_0952.thumb.JPG.ac45f9d4de079e2fdaaf1bcf5321d6d8.JPGIMG_0968.thumb.JPG.a0330f9eac9386b32a51cab35dbda198.JPGIMG_0958.thumb.jpg.659465a56a53e2521ec25715c32a3a7c.jpgimage3(2).thumb.jpeg.1e720727acfd7822d5ce4930d20de293.jpegimage2(2).thumb.jpeg.e60eda9aa0d175ae09b1756d95892809.jpegIMG_0961.thumb.jpg.dd03446e6dc460ac58d2c9022e958951.jpgimage1(3).thumb.jpeg.3705f6699067eedb5d03dcb7edd232cf.jpeg

Augusts Top SC14 V2.1X Build in France

image1(4).thumb.jpeg.799e26daf24811ebba31b88cc43381a6.jpegimage1(6).thumb.jpeg.865636e5d614cce1642471730f2b4010.jpeg

image1(5).thumb.jpeg.425d613562dacce930da3dc0ccd427bb.jpeg

Videos:

SC14 @ 3 PSI and 200WHP M52B28 (MS41 ECU)

HMW M122H KC M50B30 Stroker @ 17 PSI 500WHP (*Link ECU)

I have been part of this community for over a decade, meet folks, said good byes, had short comings that allowed me growth while I lurked and came once a while.

..I'm leaving NZ permanently in some 8 weeks time, next month the shipping company will be taking over, HMW operations have already been moved to the US. Now its time to thank you all for everything.

I dedicate this song to you and make this my final bow to you all ?

Wish me well, thank you once again; god bless you all and go well!?️

Much Love & Warmest Regards,

- Hyde

• Like 3

Awesome stuff, but wheres the N52 version? :) 

• Like 1

I must have uttered the phrase of "god damn" about a dozen times. 

I missed all the earlier palaver, but personalties aside, I think that many would agree that what HMW has achieved is open the door to supercharging becoming as accessible, and as straight forward, comparibly, to adding a turbo. 

Even if you have a low opinion HMW, others will see this and make their own homage to it. 

Because currently, other than HMW, most of what the Internet says are people that aren't doing it any more,and older engines, and 6 cylinder only. 

Or its like 7k +

Edited by EUROLESS
  • Like 1

Yep, that should skool the haters!

Props bro and best wishes for your future adventures. 

• Like 1