Sign in to follow this  
SmithyInWelly

2006 NZ new E91 330i - $8k

So due to redundancy I *need to find a new home for my e91... it's NZ New, is approaching 190km... runs well, everything works - no warning lights (aside from a rear lamp which I'll sort out next week). All original books/manuals and a decent bit of service history - two new Bridgestone RE003's on the rear last month, service done at Winger BMW in January. Originally sold new in Dunners, I bought it from a dealer in Auckland and look to be the fourth private owner. There's a year left on a transferable Janssen "Ultracover European" MBI. 

It's in good nick but is a 12 year old car that's used daily, she's no garage queen.

VIN is AF81035 so check out the specs - it's pretty standard NZ non M-sport spec for the era (no iDrive).

Selling to downgrade to something cheaper to buy/run... so if you have something $3-5k and want to upgrade to a practical reliable Bimmer wagon - hit me up.  My hope is I'll pick up a new role before selling but it is what it is and cash talks... I can (and will) buy again once the income is re-established.

Oh, and price - no, I don't need to give it away and nor am I going to. If you're a serious buyer now is the time to strike; the more time/money I put into it the more likely I'll want to keep it, and the more likely I'll have a new job/contract meaning I don't need to sell. Looking at Tard Me is fraught with danger and a serious lack of realism but 330i sedans with similar mileage (dreamers aside) are $6.5 to $7.5; this being an NZ one with some history, an years MBI, and a touring with wikkid az tints and fully sik magz I reckon $8k is good buying - which is a LOT less than I paid for it under a year ago (I know, that's irrelevant lol). 

So there it is - if you're keen I'm located in Whitby, but will have time from next week to bring it to you if you're in Wellington, Porirua, or the Hutt. If you're keen - give me a shout.

Cheers

Cory

*don't actually "need" but it's the sensible thing to do.

330i_front_drivers_side.jpg

330i_rear_pass_side.jpg

330i_interior.jpg

330i_books.jpg

Edited by SmithyInWelly
Removed the grumpy :p
  • Sad 2

Thats really cheap, and looks nice.

FWIW, I paid closer to 13k for one in very similar spec but Msport at 120k 6 months ago.. Would have snapped this up otherwise. 

Good luck (or not ;)

• Like 1

Cheers Chris - I think it's pretty fairly priced for a quick sale if someone's out there... though I kinda hope not; but we'll see what the next couple of weeks brings :)

• Like 1

Bump... new WoF (needed a headlight realignment and some new brake hoses thanks to Winger BMW).

Any interest at all?... would consider reasonable offers (that's my idea of reasonable - not necessarily yours; haha) 😝

I dont think there is a lot of people on here that are looking to buy new (old) cars.

Your best bet is still trademe..

• Like 1

Id put the price up :D 

Low price makes many think its busted or a mess.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's got a few wee things that could be done but it's not worth my time (well, money lol) whilst I'm not employed. May do the TM thing 👍

Ok, this is my last shot - this redundancy thing is beginning to bite; I'd be thrilled if someone wanted to take this off my hands so I can downgrade to a $3k runner until I've got a proper income again. As I said it could do with a little work but it's too good/nice a car to go wasted and I'm not sure when I'll be in a position to give it the love and attention it needs.

Winger Bimmer when they did the WoF said it's got some minor oil leaks/seeps - they've said it's an $1800 fix - but for some of you it's probably a DIY job and much less. I've seen no leakage on driveway or loss of oil myself, so it's not major - but the sooner it's dealt with the better. In addition it could do some wheels being refurbed due to curbing; and the hatch struts are due for replacement (still functional, but pretty heavy). This is why I had it priced as I did - thinking it would represent good value for someone who could do the work themselves.

As noted earlier - she still drives beautifully (and that sound...) and I'd be gutted if it got to a point where she didn't; and I don't have the $$$ to fix her.

So if you're even remotely interested - give me a shout, and I'm sure we can work something out. Would consider a trade for something cheaper (tho reliable - and yes, I realise that puts fast/ish out the window lol) and some $$$$ my way.

Cheers

i wonder if my dad would be interested in a project to re-un-power this car with our low 53kms 325 engine..

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SmithyInWelly said:

Ok, this is my last shot - this redundancy thing is beginning to bite; I'd be thrilled if someone wanted to take this off my hands so I can downgrade to a $3k runner until I've got a proper income again. As I said it could do with a little work but it's too good/nice a car to go wasted and I'm not sure when I'll be in a position to give it the love and attention it needs.

Winger Bimmer when they did the WoF said it's got some minor oil leaks/seeps - they've said it's an $1800 fix - but for some of you it's probably a DIY job and much less. I've seen no leakage on driveway or loss of oil myself, so it's not major - but the sooner it's dealt with the better. In addition it could do some wheels being refurbed due to curbing; and the hatch struts are due for replacement (still functional, but pretty heavy). This is why I had it priced as I did - thinking it would represent good value for someone who could do the work themselves.

As noted earlier - she still drives beautifully (and that sound...) and I'd be gutted if it got to a point where she didn't; and I don't have the $$$ to fix her.

So if you're even remotely interested - give me a shout, and I'm sure we can work something out. Would consider a trade for something cheaper (tho reliable - and yes, I realise that puts fast/ish out the window lol) and some $$$$ my way.

Cheers

Sump gasket/rocker cover? A month ago I wouldve offered you a deal with my corolla :( 

• Like 1

Still for sale... any takers?

I've subjected myself to the Facebook Marketplace - please don't make me stoop to Tard Me 😛

Any genuine offers considered - including a trade down (ie: cash my way).