Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

Yas Marina Blue F82 Numbers

Is there some form of ability to check the numbers of a particular vehicle registered in NZ, precisely M4's in Yas Marina Blue...? 
A 1/4 Century crisis (can't say mid-life) saw me take on an M4 in Yas Marina Blue. Once I realised I don't need two (three..) depreciating assets rotting in my drive, I moved her on. 

When handing the keys to it's new wide smiled owner, I asked them to please call me if they were to ever consider selling her on. Sorely disappointing to hear he's the sort that provides fellow family and friends with his hand-me-downs and I most likely won't ever see the vehicle again ?

So it leaves the only option of securing another one when the times come. Bugger.

Edited by MISS BM

In terms of NZ new cars it is easy enough for me to see the numbers, but with the imports the colour is just lumped in together with any other blue by the NZTA unfortunately.

Sooo, for NZ new it is a pretty rare colour, of all the M4s sold only THREE have been in the Yas Marina. I was going to say there would be more M3 as Yas Marina was the launch colour for that car (and Austin Gold the M4), but there again only THREE have been sold. Plus one M4 convertible. So grand total of 7 NZ new units to keep a look out for, plus there will be some imports - I can remember seeing a couple of Yas Marina on TardMe, but can't remember if they were M3 or M4.

8 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

In terms of NZ new cars it is easy enough for me to see the numbers, but with the imports the colour is just lumped in together with any other blue by the NZTA unfortunately.

Sooo, for NZ new it is a pretty rare colour, of all the M4s sold only THREE have been in the Yas Marina. I was going to say there would be more M3 as Yas Marina was the launch colour for that car (and Austin Gold the M4), but there again only THREE have been sold. Plus one M4 convertible. So grand total of 7 NZ new units to keep a look out for, plus there will be some imports - I can remember seeing a couple of Yas Marina on TardMe, but can't remember if they were M3 or M4.

Right. Time for regret to settle in.. it’s going to get comfy. 

Or you can say, been there, done that. Try something new..

Lots of other cars and colours out there that you haven't had before..?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Or you can say, been there, done that. Try something new..

Lots of other cars and colours out there that you haven't had before..?

Java Green.. Austin Yellow... Sahkir Orange ??

Yas was just ❤️ 

IMG_0677_preview.jpeg

Edited by MISS BM

1 minute ago, Michael. said:

I get a strong impression you like the colour blue 

Surprinsly Red is my favourite... just haven’t seen a Red M4 to consider.. ever ?

Surprising.  Probably one of the most common colors here in the US.  Bimmerfest East had quite easily a dozen of them parked in the mob of 30 odd M3's and M4's.

Very popular for good reason.  I do wonder if it will age well though.  BMW picks some pretty timeless colors.  But then you get the baby poo gold of the E46 M3.  It dates the car badly IMO.

But they’re still not Smurf Blue... got to be Smurf Blue ?

I agree. Estoril in an F82 would be perfect. 

21 hours ago, qube said:

are there any LSB M3/M4's sold in NZ?

Can't see any listed, not even sure if the Laguna Seca is available on the current M3/M4 models.

Back to @MissBM, would madam consider the M3 CS in San Marino Blue...886897882_21_1080x720_m3-cs-dealer-bmw-zk-motors-blekit-san-marino-.jpg

I think it would suit madam very nicely..? Or if she prefers we do have a fine selection of Individual Paint coloured M3s available shortly..?

• Like 1

Atlantis is amazing in person.  One day.

• Like 1