Sign in to follow this  
qube

E46 AC Schnitzel S3-S

A previous owner would like you to believe it's an S3 which used an engine based on the M52TUB28 and produced 265bhp. 

20" rims are far too big on an E46.

And, of course, this one is missing the chin spoiler, the mirrors are wrong...

all it is is a stock standard 318 manual that had AC badgers placed on it and then imported to NZ and registered as such.

It's pretty stupid... you can register a car as just about anything when it's imported... like a bog standard 318i as a "318i M3" even, just put the badge on the back! or an S3-S, it seems....

...but my modified Touran with the 3.2 VR6 fitted has 2.0 FSI TIP on the rego sticker, and it CANNOT be changed... unless possibly I imported it back into NZ... from NZ...

They won't even let me remove the submodel, so it just says Touran, or even change it to "Trendline" which is the real submodel anyway

... so I have to stick to my current fix:

0697407001466559429.jpg

:P

and yes... the 20z look stupid.

• Like 3

Lesson of the day;

If you want to modify a car with different engine etc like Allan, make sure you import the base car you are starting with and register it in advance as what you want it to be, e.g. VW Touran 3.2 Big Boss VR6 EpicMVP the Shiznit, and THEN do the mod.

Or stick with twink on the rego sticker

• Haha 1

The change should be allowed under the cert process

• Like 1

^^correct, MR16 to change details on MVR, send off with a copy of the certifying report and they will change the information.

3 hours ago, qube said:

all it is is a stock standard 318 manual that had AC badgers placed on it and then imported to NZ and registered as such.

You would not believe some of the rubbish that I see used imports registered as, although I think it is starting to be closed down a bit now.

The ones that make me laugh out loud are the mis-spelled names, which are usually BS anyways, it's a bit like the knock-off designer gear Tommy Hillfighter, etc. Best one I have seen was the 318i AC Shitzer... erm don't you mean Schnitzer, although in that case I think they had it right.

It really grinds my gears the lack of attention people give to spelling.

Especially in the professional work email environment, I take extra care to double, triple check the name of the person I am writing to (even more careful if foreign name) but probably 50% of the people I talk to daily email me as kyo instead of kyu. its bloody 3 letters cant be that hard..

(sorry off topic)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I feel your pain, so many people struggle with Jon... not only is it in my e-mail address, it's also in the signature at the bottom as well FFS...

• Like 1

Apparently, you can only use the MR16, with supporting documentation that the model is "wrong".... mine is "technically" correct, it just no longer applies.

They won't let you change a bodyshells rego, when it was a 318i, but you've fitted M3 running gear, because that car WAS a 318i, and it still is... but it's been modified.

We know this HAS happened in the past, but the cert process no longer allows changes, and niether does the NZTA, unless it's specifically an error..... like the VW Type 3 Variant, here in NZ, that is registered as a VW Valiant :lol:

However... you can still register an import as pretty much anything you like! Pick a model from the existing list, and the submodel can be almost anything.

As a matter of interest what happens if you de-reg a car and then want to re-reg it? Can you change the type then?