Sign in to follow this  
Palazzo

Offset/spacers/fitment

Can someone who knows tell me if I’m on the right track with some wheel fitment numbers?

I have staggered M contours on the car, et41 according to the net (cant be arsed jacking it up to confirm, so let’s assume), 7.5 fronts and 8.5 rears.

If I want to fit 8” fronts with an et47 and 8.5 rears et50, in my theorising, a 10mm spacer should do the trick? Or have I got this completely arse about face?

If I haven’t, where’s a good place to get them from?

www.willtheyfit.com will help you work it out

For the fronts the outter edge will be roughly the same but in the inner edge will be about 10mm closer to the strut. So yeah a 10mm spacer should sort you out

Yeah, I checked in there first, was just making sure I had it clear in my head.

And 10mm front and rear? Otherwise the rears will sit in further?

Edited by Palazzo

Rears will sit 9mm further in so yes 10mm in the rear will make it more or less the same.

If you add a spacer it brings the offset down

Good, my maths was right!

just to be 100%, what car are you fitting them on? those offsets are quite high if it is for an E36, you could easily fit a 20mm spacer in there

E36 Touring.

They are 18s with a 255/35 rear and I don’t want any body fitment issues if you get what I mean.

you will get away without any spacers even for the rear I would say but 10mm wont hurt. and it definitely wont need guard work, it will tuck inside no problem.

fronts you may need the 10mm spacers for strut clearance or scrapes on the inner guard when turning full lock but not 100% sure on that one.

what style wheels are they?

I’m sure the fronts will and if my maths was right, they are inset further in the rear, I want the guards filled, but not rolled.

They are Style 108, like this:

5AEFFC0E-B6F3-451B-A349-3FF17C4D2909.jpeg

from your previous wheels fitment, for the front your offset is gonna be 6mm higher which means wheels will sit in 6mm towards strut BUT your wheel width is going from 7.5" to 8" which means your outer "lip" of the wheel is going to stick out another 6.35mm so basically your wheel face is going to fit exactly same as before but you have 6mm more metal towards your strut/inner guard which is why you may need a spacer for the front.

for the rear, you are going from 8.5" to 8.5" so no change but offset is again going positive from ET41 to ET50 so 9mm towards the strut. and 9mm more guard gap compared to before. so again a 10mm spacer will make it basically the same "flushness" as before. 1mm more filled actually. WIN!

but you can get away without spacer in the rear because heaps of people run style 68 which are 8.5" with ET50 on the rear for E36 no problems and that is with 245 40 17 tyres on the back which is quite comparable to your 255 35 18 for the rear in same offset and wheel width.