Sign in to follow this  
Palazzo

Looks well priced for the ks?

335i's are a real bargain now, apart from the bumper this looks pretty tidy, not a common interior combo but looks very nice. Being an early car it will have the bigger bolted diff so nice and easy to install an LSD. No I Drive is almost a bonus. I would check to see if it has an oil cooler as the odd 2006 model didnt. 

• Like 1

Nice body and interior colour combo. Do like Monaco Blue!

And with a 12 month warranty, extendable to 48. Bumper is a cheap fix.

I thought that auction starting price was the buy now price and thought "yep that is a good price"!

I like the look, pity the PO didn't know how to park or reverse.

Wonder what it will go for?

No flappy paddles either :( 

Motorsport or bust.

Just now, KwS said:

No flappy paddles either :( 

Can easily be retrofitted. 

Whats a silver non msport jap one worth with 140 odd kms and dent on door and rear guard but has sunroof and black leather but also old idrive

um...what are the sensors and electrics like on these ones..?

Same, but less than half the ks m, NZ New with a known history and a warranty.

13 hours ago, BlackAngel said:

Why does it have a 355 badge on the boot?

Yeah good point.  haha. 

I was thinking of buying a 335 or 135 when I come back from the US.  But here they are 6-10K.  And there are so many manuals.

1 hour ago, qube said:

bring a couple back with you!

Thought about bringing back a classic of some sort.  But I pissed around.  Need to own it for at least 1 year or you pay GST.

I have 2 years on my pzeros and it would seem there's still another two left, and they came on the car when I got it.  The 335 might need new tyres but 5 years isn't that much of a stretch.

Edited by GorGasm

They sort of seem to becoming a BMW 90's Nissan Skyline equivalent

11 hours ago, 3pedals said:

Looks like its been sitting around for a long time in a damp place/ places  judging by the surface rust on the brake componentry and the 5 year tyres on the front and  6 year old tyres on the back? who get more than a year out of performance tyres on a performance car? 

335's would have to rate high risk with all the bodges and thrashing they get from a very evident 'buy it/ thrash it /dump it' culture/ sector  we now have. 

Does look like its been sitting alright. I wouldnt be too worried about the thrashing. The engines themselves seem to hold up well its just the bits that are bolted on that fail. Its that made from plastic bound to fail scenario. Interiors are better quality than E46 and earlier cars as well.

Stock just check plugs coils and vacuum hoses. Turbos get rattly wastegates eventually but consensus is that this generally happens above 160k kms. Most in NZ are auto so you cant bounce it off the limiter. I am sure completely ignoring oil changes will kill the engine but otherwise they are solid. 

I thrash my wifes Skoda more than my 335i purely because its so slow. The 335i only takes moderate pedal pressure to start making the scenery go by quite fast, the engine has a lot of very useable torque, and riding the boosted torque wave makes for efficient and quick transportation.

Edited by Herbmiester
  • Like 1

Pretty much.  I've done about 14k since I have had it.

My 130i did about 50k on a set of dunlops over 4 years and they were still fine when they came off.