Funkyflynz

Going drifting

So after a ride in a mates championship winning drift car and a little taste of driving on the track with the M3 I decided to give drifting a shot, I sold something special from another project which hurt a great deal but I now have a budget which should cover buying, building and repairing a car and 6-7 events.

The goal is cheap and cheerful drifting, but as im not what I would call a good driver this is thinly disguised as "driver training" to my wife ;-)

Phase 1 - Buy a base...

There was only one car to start with in my mind, na E36 coupe.  I have always been a fan of them and they are cheap!  Once the decision was made I had a 328 silver coupe in my quiver, amazed by how cheap it was the search continued for another as a spare, within a week I had a 318 with a blown motor.  Spend - $300 total.   

Next up, Cant be bothered waiting...

coupes.jpg

• Like 2

I've never seen an e36 coupe with chrome upper window trim, interesting.

Cool project, what's wrong with the 328 if you got it for almost nothing?

31 minutes ago, M3AN said:

I've never seen an e36 coupe with chrome upper window trim, interesting.

Cool project, what's wrong with the 328 if you got it for almost nothing?

The 328 had no radiator, my guess is expansion tank blew or the radiator blew.  Trans lines had been cut and all the oil was gone.  Motor seems to run ok, compression test shows all over 200psi, but im swapping the motor out, more on that later.

• Like 1