Sign in to follow this  
Michael P

Engine performance

My Bmw x5 was upgraded with new version recently. Reason for upgrade was widget was not working and still not working. Now when i drive the car the engine revs when slowng down as gear is changing. This was not happening before the upgrade. You won’t hear the engine rev when slowing down to stop. Very annoying. BMW is telling me that this is how all new BMW x5 is now. Has anyone notice this after new upgrade

So does this mean that when you slow down and engine start breaking you will hear the engine rev as i never used to

We don't know, we can't hear it. :)

Does what's happening sound like the description in the link I provided? If so then yes, it's probably normal. But a lot depends on what type f gearbox you have (auto, manual, DCT) and exactly what/when the engine revs.

New management systems will "blip" the throttle a little bit between downshits, that's to match the revs. Not all cars do this.

@Michael P which generation of X5 do you have, the fact that you have the widgets would suggest it is the current F15 generation with the ConnectDrive but just wanted to be sure. Which engine variety is it, gearbox can be determined from that. The update you mention would be an update of the latest software version in the car, yes? Which mode are you driving in when the engine revs on slowing, is it EcoPro, Sport, Comfort, etc?

Hi, this is automatic Transmission and I normally drive in comfort mode. Even if i change to other modes you can hear the revs as it slows down to stop. This model is 2014 . Xdrive 3D Sav.not sure what generation is this.  

Have you owned it since new? The gearbox and engine adaptions may have been reset with the update so might be a case of drive it and see