Sign in to follow this  
qube

LSB E46 M3!!!!!

What's the life expectancy of these engines? This is the second M52 or S52-powered car I have seen for sale today with over 300000km on it.

I call BS. $14k, no description, rubbish photos, not answering questions and "good project" wtf?

Edited by M3AN

5 hours ago, M3AN said:

I call BS. $4k, no description, rubbish photos, not answering questions and "good project" wtf?

I think you can reasonably assume that at that mileage, it’s clapped out and will need alot of TLC&M.

its listed for $14k not $4k and I reckon its just a typical seller not giving much thought or effort into the listing. 

unanswered questions is probably because it was only just listed and they dont use a smartphone so rely on dial up internet and a windows 95 pc.

Either way, it is pretty cool to see a LSB E46 which is very rare in NZ and for the right price you are essentially just buying a shell to put a new (used) engine into it (no cert) and rebuild everything else (providing the subframe is not damaged).

Probably not worth the effort since the shell and rego will have 300kms to it's name but if its going to be rebuilt anyway does that even matter?

Looks a little bit flogged, who knows though it may have had some $ thrown at it in parts over the years. Lots of high ks cars out there newer innards than low/mid ks ones :D 

Edit looking at carjam - Imported from japan in 2000 with nil ks on the clock, and its been steadily driven from then.. "1" owner? Vin doesnt show it as a japanese market car though. 

Edited by Jacko

1 hour ago, Jacko said:

Looks a little bit flogged, who knows though it may have had some $ thrown at it in parts over the years. Lots of high ks cars out there newer innards than low/mid ks ones :D 

Are you talking about your own car there jacko?

• Haha 1

I do not need an E46 project.

Deep breaths...Im good. 

4 minutes ago, Jacko said:

I do not need... $14k?

Problem solved! :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jacko said:

Edit looking at carjam - Imported from japan in 2000 with nil ks on the clock, and its been steadily driven from then.. "1" owner? Vin doesnt show it as a japanese market car though. 

Its a pre series management car that came into NZ with just 212kms on it. My guess is that BMW NZ imported it as they bring a few pre series management cars in.

Also worth noting this is the 14th RHD E46 M3 to be built.

• Like 2

So S991A Is a press car or test car?  - WBSBL92000JR00014 For those who cbf playing carjam

14 minutes ago, Jacko said:

So S991A Is a press car or test car?  - WBSBL92000JR00014 For those who cbf playing carjam

Along those lines yes. Remember proper production for RHD E46 M3's didn't kick off till 2/2001 and this car is a 2000 build.

1 hour ago, Golfboy666GTI said:

Its a pre series management car that came into NZ with just 212kms on it. My guess is that BMW NZ imported it as they bring a few pre series management cars in.

Interesting car, yes, it is a pre-production test car but it doesn't look to have been brought in through BMW NZ from what I can see. Doesn't exist in the NZ records, and brought in from Japan, would have been direct from Germany or possibly SA if it was. So it has had a long and eventful life.

Colour doesn't do much for me, although it does stand out from the usual monochrome colour pallette of E46 M3s so understand why others would be keen on it.

For the right price it could be a cool little project for someone to bring back to it's former glory.

• Like 1

As well as this pre series management car I see there are also 5 other early VIN 2000 E46 M3's in NZ. They are all marked "Development veh. w/out preservation". Of those I believe one is the first ever RHD SMG E46 M3.

This would be an awesome track day project for someone? Or rebuild the current gears it comes with? Interesting, LSB is a really nice paint colour.

23 hours ago, gjm said:

What's the life expectancy of these engines? This is the second M52 or S52-powered car I have seen for sale today with over 300000km on it.

S52 is e36, no? This is s54

6 hours ago, Golfboy666GTI said:

As well as this pre series management car I see there are also 5 other early VIN 2000 E46 M3's in NZ. They are all marked "Development veh. w/out preservation". Of those I believe one is the first ever RHD SMG E46 M3.

There were VINs for other pre-production E46 M3s, including CSLs in the system, just not this LSB one. Which is why this one would be a little more, not sure what the right word is, "of interest" maybe?

14 minutes ago, Bennyboy said:

S52 is e36, no? This is s54

Apologies. Typo on my part. I meant M/S54.

11 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

There were VINs for other pre-production E46 M3s, including CSLs in the system, just not this LSB one. Which is why this one would be a little more, not sure what the right word is, "of interest" maybe?

Two pre production CSL's wasn't it? Including the ex BMW Driver training car that I believe was crashed by a young tech "taking the long way home"?

Ha - I looked at buying this car in 2008 at which point it had about 140k on it from memory. Fortunately I decided to wait and pay off my student loan instead. Glad I did, not sure I was mature enough for a powerful car and the need for lots of proactive maintenance!