Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

SOLD - 2002 E46 M3

It is with great sadness that I must part with this half completed project.

Loads of money spent on it, but obviously still work to do - over $15k spent or more

186k km

new parts:

Genuine LuK clutch, flywheel, release fork, bearings, metal pivot ect - everything needed and more when you drop the gearbox.

gearbox selector indent springs all brand new and replaced with BMW items

new engine mounts, gearbox mounts, rear trailing arm bushing

Brand new subframe carrier bushing also including front differential mount

new idler and tensioner and idler bearings

New Alternator installed

Newly rebuilt SMG pump

new exhaust hanger rubber

new sump gasket

new power steering hose

New Carbon fibre engine cover 

Genuine M3 csl aluminium lower control arm (spherical bearing) - very rare 

Full M3 CSL front brakes 345mm with CSL specific brake pads (NLA)

Runs M3 CSL DME setup without airbox (ie standard airbox)

CSL SMG control module

Genuine near new (fresh rebuilt in Germany a few years back) KW 2 Ways competition shocks and springs (two sets for semi and slicks) plus additional brand new front spare shocks - adjusters ect all included

near mint standard M3 leather interior (Car will be reverted back to stock M3 interior)

Alcantara Steering wheel

Genuine LED rear tail lights (sought after!!)

BMW NZ strengthened rear subframe floor with Redish plates - fully welded and primed (we did not install sound underseal as the original intention was to turn the car into a racecar)

UK imported rear GTR subframe strengthening brace bar - picks up rear subframe points and braced against the tower.

FULLY certified for rear floor strengthening and coilovers - other items do not require certification as they are OE equipment.

Full main dealer service history also

This is a well sorted car with all the hard work already done (of course there are more that needs doing so I am not making this out to be a maintenance free car!!!) for eg I’ve yet to tackle any of the engine and vanos related stuff but they are easy items and don’t cost a lot to do.

SOLD

ps paint does need some tlc!!! It didnt bother me when I got it but no rust, just peeling clear and lot of fading - it need repainting to be honest. Priced to reflect paint condition.

Car on Stock OE 19s with good condition Continental Tyres

2 keys!

0BCDE1AA-8089-4621-A58C-261589CC42B4.thumb.jpeg.9b0e7947d9dfd49bb4b0220a7c3b2b8e.jpegCC923CD6-A4BE-4022-9401-1AEEA24563E8.thumb.jpeg.55021c825bc1c4e35eee4ea628c8945c.jpeg67B53627-D4E3-4D28-A728-70BA84EBAD25.thumb.jpeg.27d53b96896547f2265d7c71b6901632.jpegCD4E4651-90E1-4773-A0B2-3499CF3DEB2D.thumb.jpeg.42ad79e52fd4183adc3652c7bc635a8f.jpeg49FCC52E-AA4A-4D10-BD02-786DFD8E7168.thumb.jpeg.a3e5074ff05e0aa96ec84ad3084eeb61.jpeg555212F1-875C-433E-A86E-CABEA2E04C7E.thumb.jpeg.219eabd12644223dd39b6edf4578673c.jpeg

Edited by M3_Power
  • Like 6

42 minutes ago, qube said:

The temptation is real..

DO IT! :) 

Nice looking car,  GLWS 

Edited by BatMansWilly

5 minutes ago, qube said:

I would love to.... but then I would have to sell my 135.. and that means I will owe $20 to @BreakMyWindow

If you get this car, I'll pay your $20 loss. ;)

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your sons health.

Hopefully he can get the treatment he needs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gabe79 said:

If you get this car, I'll pay your $20 loss. ;)

I am trying really hard to convince myself that I need this car.. but I really dont... or do I..

Just now, qube said:

I am trying really hard to convince myself that I need this car.. but I really dont... or do I..

It is clear, and obvious to me, you need this car.;)

Happy to start a gofundme page if you would like to donate for a cause.

Surely you are tired of the 135i by now! ;)

• Haha 1

A bargain Tom. Good luck with the sale.

1 hour ago, aja540i said:

Surely you are tired of the 135i by now! ;)

Image result for why not both

• Like 2

What a tasty selection of parts. It's sad that you have to sell this Tom and best wishes for the sale and the family.

5 hours ago, M3_Power said:

This car made more power than a genuine CSL on recent dyno day and I can guarantee it drives like the real thing or better

Really? With just the intake and DME? Original M3 headers and cams? Verses your CSL?

That's pretty impressive (colour me a little sceptical), what were the numbers and can you please post the graphs? I'm keen to see how the torque curves compare and what corrections were applied.

• Like 1

A shame that you have to parts ways with it Tom, great base for someone to build on. Hope the treatment goes well ??

On 7/13/2018 at 5:16 PM, M3AN said:

What a tasty selection of parts. It's sad that you have to sell this Tom and best wishes for the sale and the family.

Really? With just the intake and DME? Original M3 headers and cams? Verses your CSL?

That's pretty impressive (colour me a little sceptical), what were the numbers and can you please post the graphs? I'm keen to see how the torque curves compare and what corrections were applied.

If you were actually intending on purchase then I can understand your comment.

But I am just going to give you the benefit of doubt that you are not yet a parent and don’t have the capacity to grasp what this all means for me and my family.

one day when you are I want you to reflect back on this post and you will realise what I am talking about. I sincerely hope also you or anyone here never experience what we are going through ... when no material possession matters or mean anything any longer and you are constantly in tears at the thought of what the most precious thing in life really is.

Edited by M3_Power
  • Sad 3

You've misunderstood Tom and given the circumstances that's okay. As I said I wish the best for your family at this difficult time.

However the claim about this cars capability has nothing to do with your current situation. You've made the claim in a for sale ad on a enthusiasts' forum no less, you must have expected to be asked to substantiate it and really, that should not create any drama.

So, let's have an objective discussion about it and share the details, it can only help to sell the car.

I honestly wish I was in a position to buy this even if it was just to help out... I wouldnt even think about paying $1 less than the asking price given the worth and situation. The quickness claims can be tested later :ph34r:

• Like 5

Beauty of a car - this is so tempting given I can't afford the real one..

I wish your son, yourself and your family all the best Tom.

Edited by Cale

Hey mate, i wish i could help just like a few of the members have also said. Not speaking from a parents perspective man, but i really can relate to what you mean about the realisation when materialistic possessions and money etc mean nothing anymore, it's the ones you love dearest that really hit home hard. I pray for nothing but the best for you and your son + family through whatever you guys are going through, stay strong, God Bless.

• Like 3

On 7/16/2018 at 3:45 PM, M3AN said:

You've misunderstood Tom and given the circumstances that's okay. As I said I wish the best for your family at this difficult time.

However the claim about this cars capability has nothing to do with your current situation. You've made the claim in a for sale ad on a enthusiasts' forum no less, you must have expected to be asked to substantiate it and really, that should not create any drama.

So, let's have an objective discussion about it and share the details, it can only help to sell the car.

I will just chime in here and say I can personally substantiate the claims, I was personally at the claimed dyno day and with my own 2 eyes witnessed Toms M3 making slightly more power than the genuine CSL.

the parts list alone should be enough for any "enthusiast" to come to a similar conclusion about the performance matching and or improving on a genuine CSL, 

M3AN  just give the poor man a break ah??

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jahlmarshall said:

M3AN  just give the poor man a break ah??

I didn't give him a hard time in the first place. Had anyone else posted such an incredible claim without any evidence they would have been torn to shreds by many others before me.

This isn't about Tom or his obviously difficult personal situation, it's about a car. Let's keep it focused on that.

I will just chime in here and say I can personally substantiate the claims, I was personally at the claimed dyno day and with my own 2 eyes witnessed Toms M3 making slightly more power than the genuine CSL.

Great, it shouldn't be difficult for somebody to post the plots if so many people were there. It's clearly not a secret so let's get the results out there and discuss them, it can only help to sell the car. It's amazing.

the parts list alone should be enough for any "enthusiast" to come to a similar conclusion about the performance matching and or improving on a genuine CSL, 

That's the problem, the sum of the parts doesn't seem greater than the whole at all in this case. Don't get me wrong, it actually sounds like a very, very well sorted car. But to claim it's more powerful or better than a CSL requires some physical evidence don't you think? It's 30k after all.

I wouldn't worry about this car at all and if it ticked a few more of my boxes Tom would already have his 30k. I'd be more concerned if I were the CSL owner to be honest.

• Thanks 1

Nice one, thanks Ray. ?

That's certainly not going to hurt the chance of a sale.

The M3 is a beast, the CSL needs a tune up.

Edit: because I did suggest 'discuss' for those that are interested a good E46 M3 with an exhaust and intake will make around 195 rwkw some more, some less but if you're getting 195 then you're probably going to be pretty happy. 208 rwkw is monster power for a 'standard' M3, very few ever get there. So this one is solid for sure. A stock CSL should be pulling 210-215 rwkw but that doesn't take anything away from this car given it doesn't have CSL headers or cams... imagine if it did! Maybe the next owner can? ?

Edited by M3AN

43 minutes ago, E36_Turbo said:

The message wasn't directed toward you Viskop, all the best.

You are correct sir, and I did not mean to offend you. It is just, the last time I quoted a Bible verse here on Bimmersport, I was told that seeing I believe in God, I must also be believing in fairies, and I was also told to go somewhere else as this is not the place for "it" (saying anything about the Almighty, or quoting Bible verses).

20 minutes ago, viskop said:

You are correct sir, and I did not mean to offend you. It is just, the last time I quoted a Bible verse here on Bimmersport, I was told that seeing I believe in God, I must also be believing in fairies, and I was also told to go somewhere else as this is not the place for "it" (saying anything about the Almighty, or quoting Bible verses).

No worries mate, i'm not offended, and i hope it doesn't offend others as well. I just felt pretty sad for Tom and his family, especially with a deeper understanding from my own personal life experiences this stuff strikes a chord. i wouldn't force my beliefs on another but also hope we can all respect one another from our own unique lives we all live, all the best mate. 

• Like 2