Sign in to follow this  
Palazzo

M3 front lip e36

What's the best place to get one of these? The lip that goes under the front bumper, like a mini splitter?

Tried FCP,  Ecs and turners (who wanted 7 times the item price for shipping), anything local or worth asking at BMW? Had a look on eBay too, prices are all over the show.

Last one i got was from the local dealer, and wasnt badly priced. Was a few years ago now though

Cheers, I might try them tomorrow.

Edited by Palazzo

$120 from the local dealer last time I checked ~18 months ago.

• Like 2

yeap cheap as. as are the E30 iS lips.

shipping is the killer, on bulk parts BMW will always end up cheaper because they dont charge freight into NZ, only within it (if any)

for some reason people are too scared to ask. you can tell them you dont want it if its too much!

the bmw classic website is good for giving you a ball park of what stuff is worth before you call your local dealer for acurate pricing. remember to factor in currency difference.

4 hours ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

for some reason people are too scared to ask. you can tell them you dont want it if its too much!

I agree, sometimes I've been surprised but most of the time they're just having a laugh and trying to recover their storage and liquidity costs.

An e36 M3 radiator, $1000 + GST, landed from FCP NZ$380. But on the other hand I was stupid and accidently ordered a LHD windscreen cowl from the US for NZ$90 - uneconomical to exchange. Cost of the correct one from BMW NZ - only $110, never checked beforehand doh. ?

They could do with a local online catalogue, calling them all the time, whist tolerable isn't ideal.

I usually enquire with BMW online and the dealer rings me back with a quote - smaller stuff is always worthwhile, its the big imported parts that sting you.

On 7/18/2018 at 10:19 PM, M3AN said:

They could do with a local online catalogue, calling them all the time, whist tolerable isn't ideal.

They do, and have done for ages, its called BMW Classic.

1 minute ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

They do, and have done for ages, its called BMW Classic.

A link would be great!

literally the first second and third links that come up if you google it.

would you like me to help you put your bib on as well ?

lol calm down.

If you'd included the link to this mystery BMW NZ online parts catalogue that nobody ever talks about or mentions in the first place I wouldn't have had to ask.

If that is the site @_ethrty-Andy_ is referring to it fails at the first hurdle, it's not local, doesn't reflect stock or prices in New Zealand and won't deliver to New Zealand... so, pretty useless.

So Andy, willing to provide the link to your mystery site? It certainly doesn't seem as obvious as you claim on Google.

:huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sorry for assuming that since you are an IT guy you wouldnt be browsing with a local IP.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

sorry for assuming that since you are an IT guy you wouldnt be browsing with a local IP.

Wut?

:huh:

We don't want to have to solve a puzzle, just jump down and give us the details dude.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

Can you please just post the link mate?