Sign in to follow this  
E34er

motorsport

hear that *sic?

wait wait, ill just get out my care face

Posted Image

E34 is easy check under the hood....look for the Motorsport label on the twin cam tappet cover, the car usually has M5 badges on it

dont think its twin cam plugs on side of motor,rocker cover is wide and flat kinda like a crossflow falcon,its a uk import service booklet says 535i sport. 1-8-89

also do the uk cars have cats,it seems to have mufflers just about the length of the car,the front one has smaller pipes running in and out each end of it (i want to remove it)

it may not have cats,i think the poms were fairly late on the unleaded petrol game too.Dont worry you have a completely normal 535 with a few bits added,if it is a sports it should be very similar to mine,rxsumo and a coupla others here too.we all forgot the single biggest difference.It should also have a LSD.

Edited by kiwi535

My 2c but what people here are calling a m325i should be called a 325is. As Darryl sort of said the M should be saved for the proper "Motorsport" cars, ie, stuff that came out of the Motorsport factory.

And just to clarify, don't confuse a 325is with a 318is or 320is as these are rare twin cam engines, the 320is being rarer then m3's

E: Also, the true E28 M535 was a Motorsport built car with the same 3.5 engine that went in the M1, really should've been called the M5

Edited by Carl

Guest Spargo

My 2c but what people here are calling a m325i should be called a 325is. As Darryl sort of said the M should be saved for the proper "Motorsport" cars, ie, stuff that came out of the Motorsport factory.

And just to clarify, don't confuse a 325is with a 318is or 320is as these are rare twin cam engines, the 320is being rarer then m3's

E: Also, the true E28 M535 was a Motorsport built car with the same 3.5 engine that went in the M1, really should've been called the M5

It was called the M5, n00b.

There is a difference between an M325i and a 325i Motorsport - M325i is sh*t and glitter, 325i motorsport was nz special model with higher comp pistons (unconfirmed, but told by so many people)

There's a Ti in the carpark here which has '2004 Motorsport' on the licence label, but no other ID badges on it.

As its only got a single exhaust, I'm assuming a 318?

Personally, I can't see a single feature on the car which tells me its a Motorsport model... it all seems a bit 'ghey' as some people would put it.

:P

Guest Spargo

Licence labels don't mean sh*t. I saw an NZ new motorsport with the tag "325i H-Sport" once.

The M3 was to be called the M323i .This was the same time as the M535 was around :P

it may not have cats,i think the poms were fairly late on the unleaded petrol game too.Dont worry you have a completely normal 535 with a few bits added,if it is a sports it should be very similar to mine,rxsumo and a coupla others here too.we all forgot the single biggest difference.It should also have a LSD.

yes it has lsd