Sign in to follow this  
sweetm3

TradeMe sale E30 Race Series car

Hi guys

A friend of mine is after a track day toy.

He is interested in this TM Listing #: 1647326462.

Does anyone have any inside info

What sort of questions should he be asking when looking at a race car

Cheers Mark

A link to make it easier for people to find...

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1647326462

That looks to be a South Island E30 Series car, so it's not one that I am familiar with, but from the photos it looks to be in a very tidy condition.

For me the most important things in a race car are the safety equipment, should you ever need it you want it to be good, so I would be looking at the quality of the fabrication and design of the cage (it runs through to the front struts which is a good start), the seat and it's installation and the harness installation.

Is it a competitive car, what sort of results has it had in the past? Any big accidents, a bit of panel damage is pretty much the norm, but a serious shunt is hard to fully fix.

Miscallenous bits and pieces, more for the value equation of the deal rather than its the right car, would be what spares are included, how much life is left in the wear and tear item - tyres, brakes, etc.

The E30 Series Car is a great place to start, not expensive to maintain (by race car standards) engine and gearbox are pretty reliable as they are not highly tuned. Handling package is good, and the car is not massively powerful enough to be a handful, but still enough to get you into trouble / fun depending on your view!

• Thanks 2

I am familiar with the car and the owner, well built well presented and prepared car, and the owner is a decent guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1