Sign in to follow this  
viskop

Coming soon - Looking to buy E46 330i

All,

Monday 23 July 2018, a 19 year old crashed into my stationery E46 330i sedan - he was doing at least 80+ in a 50 zone and was not looking at the road when the crash happened. He was driving his dad's car (luckily fully insured). He has been charged with reckless driving and will be appearing in court this coming week. Friday 27th the assessor informed me that my 330 is a write-off. Now a waiting game for the two insurance companies to come to an agreement and pay me out.

So, I will be looking for an E46 330i sedan again soonish. Maybe in two weeks or so. Prefer Wellington area. I have saved a few 330s on TM.

Cheers,

Charl

Can do an E46 328 Wellington based

13 hours ago, FIAT 131R said:

Can do an E46 328 Wellington based

Thanks. If you can, pls message me the details (kms, year, colour, etc).

12 hours ago, SmithyInWelly said:

Go an e91... I know of one that's available :)

Thank you. I'm not really a fan of the E90s (E90, 91, 92, 93) shapes, but I believe the E91 is a touring? If so, can you pls message me the specs (kms, year, colour, price, etc)? Thanks.

10 hours ago, viskop said:

Thank you. I'm not really a fan of the E90s (E90, 91, 92, 93) shapes, but I believe the E91 is a touring? If so, can you pls message me the specs (kms, year, colour, price, etc)? Thanks.

• Like 1

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1706718407

2001 330i, 156218km, 2 owners, NZ new, full service history, in Welly, closing in 14 hours,current bidding at $2440.

Sounds like just the thing unless you are after a motorsport.

Last few bids are suspect IMO

BTW, for price reference, I just bought a black NZ new 2000 Msport 328i in Auckland for 3K done 157000km and has a Team McMillan wheel alignment sticker on the door saying done at 130000km. Didn't get any books with it though.

Edited by BlackAngel
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SmithyInWelly said:

Nice ride. I'm still waiting to hear from the insurance, and I have no idea how much they will pay out. Waiting game.......?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JohnM575 said:

I appreciate you’re specifically looking for M54B30’s, but would you consider B25’s? My sedan is on the market; see the thread below:

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/60062-fs-2003-estoril-blue-e46-325i-motorsport-individual/

Thanks John. That's a beauty, and one of my favourite colours and shapes. Pity you're in AKL, shipping will be pricey. And I'm still waiting to hear from the insurance...?

5 hours ago, BlackAngel said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1706718407

2001 330i, 156218km, 2 owners, NZ new, full service history, in Welly, closing in 14 hours,current bidding at $2440.

Sounds like just the thing unless you are after a motorsport.

Last few bids are suspect IMO

BTW, for price reference, I just bought a black NZ new 2000 Msport 328i in Auckland for 3K done 157000km and has a Team McMillan wheel alignment sticker on the door saying done at 130000km. Didn't get any books with it though.

Thanks Sandy, I do have this one on my Trademe watch list. Problem is the auction closes in 8 hours, and I need my beauty sleep ?

41 minutes ago, viskop said:

Thanks Sandy, I do have this one on my Trademe watch list. Problem is the auction closes in 8 hours, and I need my beauty sleep ?

Perfect. Set up an autobid, go to sleep, and wake up to owning a new car! ;)

• Haha 2

there was a decent green one went for just over $2k the other day...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Olaf said:

there was a decent green one went for just over $2k the other day...

I do have some great options...but no use me bidding or making offers on any car/s until I know how much and when the insurance will pay out.

Hardly any point in asking for or looking at then if you are not in the market.

Insurance - did you not have an agreed value?

10 minutes ago, hotwire said:

Hardly any point in asking for or looking at then if you are not in the market.

Insurance - did you not have an agreed value?

I am in the market, but can only buy something once the insurance has paid out. And yes, we had an agreed value, but the thing is, I have heard (could be rumours) that the insurance companies only pay out about half, or just more than half, of what one has insured your car for. I will hopefully know next week how much I will be paid out. Worse case, the week after.

Agreed value is agreed value, that is the value you have been paying the policy on. Don't let them roll you.

• Like 2

+1.  If your policy had an “agreed value” (those words), that’s what you should be paid for a total loss, less your excess.

• Like 1

some policies say "Agreed market value" which is just a tricky/shady way of saying "less-than-what-its-worth-and-much-less-than-how-much-you've-spent-on-maintaining-it value"

FWIW, AMI payed me the agreed value (agreed when I setup the policy) minus my excess. I'm not sure who you're with though, so yours might be different 

3 hours ago, qube said:

some policies say "Agreed market value" which is just a tricky/shady way of saying "less-than-what-its-worth-and-much-less-than-how-much-you've-spent-on-maintaining-it value"

...that is what I am worried about. ?

1 hour ago, eliongater said:

FWIW, AMI payed me the agreed value (agreed when I setup the policy) minus my excess. I'm not sure who you're with though, so yours might be different 

I'm with AMP. Signed up with them in Jan 2018 after I was with State (heard a lot of bad things about State).

12 hours ago, viskop said:

...that is what I am worried about. ?

Stop worrying and read your policy document.

• Like 3

On 8/3/2018 at 6:43 AM, Olaf said:

Stop worrying and read your policy document.

Received my call yesterday from insurance...getting full-payout minus my access. I did mention that I don't believe I should pay the access, seeing that my car was stationery at home, and a 19 year old crashed into its rear. Lady said she will refer to a different team and also check the Police report, etc.

I've had a few chaps asking if I can buy the car back, seeing that they're interested in the (90 000km) 3L engine. Insurance said they will sell the car to me for $1550-00. Now waiting on the 2 different chaps to let me know if I shall go ahead and confirm with the insurance on Monday.

On 7/31/2018 at 9:31 PM, viskop said:

Thanks John. That's a beauty, and one of my favourite colours and shapes. Pity you're in AKL, shipping will be pricey. And I'm still waiting to hear from the insurance...?

I could arrange transport for the right price. If you would like to know anything else about the car just let me know ??