Sign in to follow this  
Syy0628

Can I borrow your tool kit?

Hi,

I am going to do the front outer ball joint on my E36 beater this weekend, I have a ball joint separator that should be able to get the old one off,  but I figure it will be rather difficult to get the new one in without a balljoint toolkit (C clamp with adapter type). Does anyone in Auckland have one that I can borrow for a few days? 

Many thanks

Richard

Edited by Syy0628
Many Reasons

Okay,  I guess I will try to get it in by force then? I am thinking to lube it really well, put a chain around the control arm and the jack and put the ball joint on the jack and jack it into the control arm. 

Dont have one sorry, you can probably pick one up pretty super cheap from supercheap though?

Id you were in Hamilton id lend you mine but personally id pay someone to press them in with the arm removed, it would cost next to nothing and much time and effort

16 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Dont have one sorry, you can probably pick one up pretty super cheap from supercheap though?

thanks, I searched last time, it was close to $200, which I cannot justify since both my other cars doesn't require such a tool for ball joints. But now I found one on eBay for $40, US, which is not that bad. I might try to hack it in first, and get the tool if it won't go in. 

Edited by Syy0628