Sign in to follow this  
dbach

E30 325i Touring - Needs compliance

I'd be more put off by the silent-auction-masquerading-as-a-classified-listing than the rust. Did the vendor go into that at all? 

I guess if you've been thirsting for a red 2.5 touring for ever then it could be worth the punt. I can absolutely see the appeal. 

@Young Thrash Driver is right, it is beautiful. Maybe easier and cheaper to make a solid car pretty though, and at least you know you get to drive it! 

Garage it for a couple of years and those wheels alone will be worth the asking price the way prices are going. 

Have this on my watchlist too.

Did you get pictures of the rust?

Its sold? 

Yes I got pictures of the rust. Several different spots rusted through. Looks like a big job especially getting done to compliance standard

its a bit late now, but i presume it was flagged at the border for rust? All the rust work would need to be properly signed off etc, so compliance costs would add up quickly. I hope whoever purchased it has done their research. Knowing NZ it'll probably be badly fixed, plated and tagged, and on sold for heaps in a couple of months.

Also +1 to the seller sounding like an a**hole regarding their silent auction crap, which in the end meant nothing, because someone obviously viewed the car and waved a wad of cash (that i bet was more than 5k) in their face.

• Like 1

All too true unfortunately.

Hopefully someone knows what they are doing and we will get to see it on the road soon!