Sign in to follow this  
GetCam

BMW M6 M635csi 1986

It looks to be a 'real' M635CSi, and Dinan certainly did a 3.8 mod (although it was more often found in the M5).

Could be a great car. But why would you have this and not drive it for 2 years???

So much want!

Interior looks like it has some mold+worn seats combo going on or something

$50k and not answering questions?

Hope it doesn't sell, that's poor salesmanship and rude to boot.

One question asked a couple hours ago doesn't make him rude, probably trying to find the info to answer the question

We punters only get to see answered questions. The benefit of the doubt would be that the seller didn't know how to use the Q&A section, they have zero history so perhaps. If you don't have enough experience though I don't think you should start with a $50k auction.

It's still rude, at the very least you'd say "I don't know but will get back to you.".

What pisses me off is that people don't realise the Internet is real life too. What if somebody inspecting the car personally asked the same questions and the seller just blanked them and walked away? No sale.

It's like a listing that says "If you don't know why it costs this much it's not for you". F' off dickhead.

/rant

• Like 1

Trademe changed the way Q&A section works a we while ago.. now all questions can be seen whether answered or not. not sure i agree with it as you get the tire kickers asking rubbish questions or making false comments about a car thus ruining the paying members advert and chances of a sale. i have an email from Trademe stating there new rules around Q&A. Any one genuinly interested in the car will phone the guy..or arrange to inspect the car or have it inspected.. i

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, M3EVO1 said:

Trademe changed the way Q&A section works a we while ago.. now all questions can be seen whether answered or not.

Wow, that I did not know. I don't even recall being made aware of it at any time in the past.

Nevertheless, if I'm wrong and that's an unanswered question then I'll cop that and apologise to the seller, my bad.

And i agree with you, that's a rubbish policy clearly open to abuse. ?

Edited by M3AN

Cheers. I see it's only for motors and I see the seller hasn't answered in this case so my derision was misplaced and I've learnt something new to boot. ?

all good... i carjamed it copy and pasted the vin number into bmw decode.. plus his ad does state new block etc. so not matching numbrrs anyomre so devalues it..also see the 2000 M5 for sale. non facelift and a singapore import , just touching 150,000kms  and wants 35k for it.. non facelift, modded and a singapore import.. not for me...

Yep just done the same, something about this one doesn't add up. No close up of the speedo. Vin decoder lists a few things that the car doesn't have any more (but could've been changed at any time). 

Just have to watch out, especially down here. So many fakes trying to pass the fakes off as the real thing, you just have to know what to look for.

I just can't get past that bodykit. I know this was an 80s car, but seriously, wtf is that..?

Someone will probably now point out that it's a very rare and sought after body kit from back in the day that is worth mega-$$$.

11 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

I just can't get past that bodykit. I know this was an 80s car, but seriously, wtf is that..?

Someone will probably now point out that it's a very rare and sought after body kit from back in the day that is worth mega-$$$.

I agree there, but in a weird way, I like it... from a side view, it reminds me on a Pontiac Fiero, or the old Toyota MR2, both of which I coveted when I was in high school

Pics for posterity … looks gorgeous but yes WTH is with the seats ?

847274447.jpg

847274452.jpg

847274458.jpg

847274470.jpg

847274480.jpg

847274482.jpg

847274489.jpg

847274492.jpg

847274499.jpg

different sort of leather , baffalo hide maybe , common in old cars e23 etc , feels really nice to sit on

build sheet says

0180 ANTHRAZIT

Upholstery leather buffalo

Guys if anyone is genuinely interested in this car PM me. I know this vehicle and the family selling it very well as I looked to buy it 2 times... has a very interesting story. Lovely people who own it, but quite private. Have owned this car for a long time. It is a special car despite its modifications. 

• Like 1

Buffalo hide can look rather strange with age. They need lots of nourishment- otherwise can look dry. 

This is a genuine M635csi - it is number 328 / 524 in rhd and was one of approx 20 that arrived in NZ (mine was 312). 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ssbmw said:

Buffalo hide can look rather strange with age. 

Many of us will look strange with age too :D

The leather's just losing it's pigment from the tanning process, through wear and exposure to sun (UV), and heat.  it can be successfully restored, to give it more protection and to last for decades longer.

Chaps I bought this car. It’s the real deal. 

As some one said a very private owner who has  never been on trade me before. quiet unassuming and honest  I respect that  

Rather 80s in appearance I agree. I wish I still was. I think with classics that’s part of the point  

Not too many NZ new( about 20), 2 owner, lowish mileage where the same person has essentially serviced it from new to choose from  

The buffalo leather just needs a little colouring. It’s otherwise perfect. Everything works as advertised. No dings no rust and only factory/Dinan hot rodding so what’s not to like?

the body stuff and wheels are easily changed. And might be one day. The engine is part of its history. Fitted by one of BMW NZ agents. It also makes it rather faster than stock  

Im happy :)

• Like 12

1 minute ago, PJB said:

Chaps I bought this car. It’s the real deal. 

Im happy :)

Awesome - congrats Julian!!! Enjoy :D Always nice to see a classic end up in good hands.

Congrats, hope we get to see more of it on the forum!