Sign in to follow this  
GetCam

BMW M6 M635csi 1986

3 hours ago, PJB said:

Chaps I bought this car. It’s the real deal. 

Good to hear it's all checked out for you, and given your comments it sounds like it is all as advertised, which is cool. And it sounds like you know what you're looking at as well.

Hope to see future updates of this as you go along, and welcome to the forums - glad no one here has roasted you on your first post ???

10 minutes ago, Mad_Max said:

glad no one here has roasted you on your first post ???

Its alright, @M3AN hasnt been along yet ?

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, KwS said:

Its alright, @M3AN hasnt been along yet ?

I was in and liked his post hours ago, like a ninja bro. Keep up. ?

Anyway, never dissed the car, only the seller until I realised it was TM's fault. I want to see more of this one.

8 hours ago, PJB said:

Chaps I bought this car. It’s the real deal. 

As some one said a very private owner who has  never been on trade me before. quiet unassuming and honest  I respect that  

Rather 80s in appearance I agree. I wish I still was. I think with classics that’s part of the point  

Not too many NZ new( about 20), 2 owner, lowish mileage where the same person has essentially serviced it from new to choose from  

The buffalo leather just needs a little colouring. It’s otherwise perfect. Everything works as advertised. No dings no rust and only factory/Dinan hot rodding so what’s not to like?

the body stuff and wheels are easily changed. And might be one day. The engine is part of its history. Fitted by one of BMW NZ agents. It also makes it rather faster than stock  

Im happy :)

Well done mate!!!! It is a special car. Very unique. I was very interested in buying it for years... last time around was 2008 and they offered it to me at a bargain basement price. Sadly it hadn’t been driven for years and needed a serious tune - well short of factory 286 bhp - let alone the purported 360bhp it anecdotally was meant to be producing. I was so sad as I lusted after it since 2003. If I hadn’t have bought my 840ci sport the following week, I may have still bought it.

I love the e24 m6’s. They were my first love.. I have the database of all 524 made in rhd with colour / interior and over several years built a register of all the NZ M6’s (and UK imports). Your car was number 328 / 524 and the only NZ new example in white I know of (there were 3 ex uk examples in white I know of - one is now black).

if you ever want to get in touch to talk M6’s or want some info, PM me. Would love to help... 

Thanks for the welcome :)

The car is in for a bit of love - it has been sitting unused for a long time so there's fluids to change, hoses and bushes etc to check, probably new tires - and a tune needed. The standard boot spoiler will probably replace whats on it.

I've been looking for a while to add to my small collection and frankly didn't expect to stumble across a M6 so am pretty excited by it (and Mark agreed to a bit of a discount from what he was asking).

Will get some pictures up ASAP and make contact SS. Thanks for the offer.

Do I confess now that I used to have an X5M ???  Roast on :)

• Like 2

I think you deserve more of a roasting for owning a CLS tbh. Horrid ugly "sat on by fat person" things.

?

48 minutes ago, PJB said:

Thanks for the welcome :)

The car is in for a bit of love - it has been sitting unused for a long time so there's fluids to change, hoses and bushes etc to check, probably new tires - and a tune needed. The standard boot spoiler will probably replace whats on it.

I've been looking for a while to add to my small collection and frankly didn't expect to stumble across a M6 so am pretty excited by it (and Mark agreed to a bit of a discount from what he was asking).

Will get some pictures up ASAP and make contact SS. Thanks for the offer.

Do I confess now that I used to have an X5M ???  Roast on :)

That car was quite interesting in that from what I heard, Guido from BM workshop or Jerry Clayton sent the whole engine block to Dinan in California to get it modified. Think it had shrick cams, and the body kit was by Schnitzer.

One of the stumbling blocks for me personally was the lack of paperwork on what was actually done with the modifications. Did Mark ever find any of that. Guido didn’t have anything either.

On a personal level, Dinan does some great stuff. I live in the SF Bay Area now and have just bought a E39 M5 Dinan 1. Oh my god, what an amazing car! Dinan do it very well and are revered very highly here. 

Short answer is no. I had the same concern but after a long talk with Guido (and using it to lever the $ down a little) I thought what the hell.

If they sent the block over then it might still be matching #'s :), if they didn't its a Dinan block effectively and for some that's enough. Its value now is that it is a tuner modded car done by the professionals in the era so to speak. 

Mark believes he will find the docs, he is/has separated and things are being gone thru and divvied up  but I'm not holding my breath ...

Was it Palmerston North based early in its ownership ? Remember a white one based there in the 1990s .

id leave yh period body kits on

Hi sorry I don't know re PN. Given the servicing was at JC and I believe his business was in Auckland I wouldn't have thought it was the same car.

I highly doubt the kit will becoming off - except perhaps the boot spoiler which is the one inauthentic part. It was made locally.

Have you seen the m-technic body kit available for E24’s? That was what I had planned for that car. 80’s style but a little more subtle. Another famous white M635 (a tourist delivery via the uk) in NZ, originally owned by the original agent for BMW in NZ, Ross Jensen had a m-tech body kit- and it looked grouse. 

However, good idea - get rid of the tail and keep the rest! It would be awesome if you got bigger wheels for the back too. 

Is it factory height? I dropped mine by 10mm with Eibach sports and they were the bomb. 

I have, but actually wasn't sure it was still available. That said will probably stick with the ACS stuff.

Agreed re the wheels. Can't say I like the style that much myself.

Re height - I'm not sure, it does look a little low but that might just be the kit/wheels ?

i'll be in touch !