Sign in to follow this  
hugo_nz

A note on BMW Apps SA6NR

My 6-er has combox and connected drive etc, but was not ordered with Apps (option SA6NR). BimmerTech and the like charge upwards of $399 US to do this retrofit...but BMW is willing to do an official retrofit for $680 NZ. That includes the FSC code from BMW and coding. 

Seems like only a couple of $$$ difference, BUT doing it through BMW means that your car's VIN is updated on the master database and you don't run the risk of your retrofit apps being wiped if your car's software is update in the future.

Just some food for though. Happy Friday :)

• Like 1

Hello from a fellow 6-er owner!

You can buy legit FSC codes online and code everything yourself. Will save yourself a fair bit.

I know someone who supplies the following FSC codes:

- FSC Kafas BE and BF
- FSC for Speed-Limit Info Kafas2 7E
- FSC for Kafas4 Speedlimit 11F / G11 G12 G30 G31
- FSC for Kafas4 WWA (Wrong Way Assist) 13E
- FSC for Kafas4 Front Collision Warning (FCW) 13F
- FSC for BMW Apps, Sirius Radio, EPS 
- FSC-Set for Retrofit CiC, NBT and NBT Evo with USB 

I did a dumb thing and ordered a 7E FSC code - the code was accepted without any issues, VO-coded the car BUT it appears that AU/NZ CIC maps do not have SLI data embedded in them ? Should have done a bit more research prior to...

21 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

You can buy legit FSC codes online and code everything yourself. Will save yourself a fair bit.

- FSC Kafas BE and BF

I did a dumb thing and ordered a 7E FSC code - the code was accepted without any issues, VO-coded the car BUT it appears that AU/NZ CIC maps do not have SLI data embedded in them ? Should have done a bit more research prior to...

Oh hey fellow Six ? Waiting for my enet cable to arrive and will get stuck into the coding. Did quite a bit on my past 6 and 7 series cars.

I guess once I get a feel for enet (used ncs expert) I might end up doing my own retrofit coding ?

34 minutes ago, hugo_nz said:

Oh hey fellow Six ? Waiting for my enet cable to arrive and will get stuck into the coding. Did quite a bit on my past 6 and 7 series cars.

I guess once I get a feel for enet (used ncs expert) I might end up doing my own retrofit coding ?

E-Sys + Enet cable is a good combo ;) 

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2018 at 9:37 PM, sobanoodle said:

- FSC Kafas BE and BF

On a vaguely related note, are you aware if it is possible to code the cruise control to display speed in Kph instead of mph (as my UK import does now) - my speedo has been converted to a kph only version but it’s a small bugbear of mine

14 hours ago, balancerider said:

On a vaguely related note, are you aware if it is possible to code the cruise control to display speed in Kph instead of mph (as my UK import does now) - my speedo has been converted to a kph only version but it’s a small bugbear of mine

Did they replace the speedo/kombi completely? Wonder if VO-coding to Oceania specs will cure it, google will probably know the answer.

14 hours ago, balancerider said:

Km to mph is an option within the idrive settings so no coding required. Not sure why cruise control shows mph

It's possible with coding. One of the things I've done. I also have 6NR apps working after patching the headunit and creating all my own FSC codes (voice, navi, apps, etc).

4 hours ago, sobanoodle said:

Did they replace the speedo/kombi completely? Wonder if VO-coding to Oceania specs will cure it, google will probably know the answer.

Looks from googling as though it is difficult / impossible without removing / dissasembling the Kombi unit. Mine just has new gauge scales rather than a whole new unit, the 6WB head unit does appeal but not really wanting to pay $2k for a new one.