Sign in to follow this  
qube

heaps of fun for 15k!

3 hours ago, SmithyInWelly said:

So... if you had $15k to spend and wanted fun (or 4 exhausts) then this would be at/near the top of the list. Of course, if you were all about pace you'd go a 335 and hope it didn't lunch itself (cos you'd have nothing left for maintenance/upgrades).

N54's are not that unreliable, the problems are well known, charge pipe, HPFP, ratling wastegates etc. Just be ready to walk away from a car that needs too much work.

• Like 1

No denying this is a fun car to drive.  It's just that the M135i is a decent amount faster/newer for a few grand more.

Either choice would be good.

I wish my 130i was manual, but oh well.

definitely faster and newer and more comfortable but its more than a few grand more when you can get a auto/manual 130i for 10-15k and the absolute cheapest m135i is 22k going up to 25-30k for lower kms. And no option for manual :P

But despite all that, the lack of steering response is the biggest difference and let down with the electronic steering (which has its' advantages too depending on how you look at it and where you drive it)

Another interesting one, Gruppe M intake and an ACS (or rep) spoiler... dunno about the orange engine cover though.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1729273954.htm?rsqid=5da991badb794bceb453af0deba4f696