Sign in to follow this  
Jimmyjamese32

Newbie to bimmersport, My first BMW also and i love the old girl

High kz , purchased 2weeks ago now, been garaged and well maintained over her years, paint amazing, all electrics work, impressive under foot. Just hoping the trans fluid/filter change i do soon will adhere the issues i have currently . Have done enough read up to know were to start and what to eliminate. I Respect this car alot for the luxury which is still epic for back then. Alot of car and coolness for $1100 ???

20180729_103951.jpg

20180729_104136.jpg

Edited by Jimmyjamese32
  • Like 2

hey Jimmy, welcome to Bimmersport.  Nice looking e32, sir!  

Suggest you subscribe to the Wellington Meetings room, then you'll get wind of all the Wellington meetups organised.  BMW Car Club Wellington Crew have a monthly pub meetup first thursday of the month at 1812 in Johnsonville (Bimmersporters always welcome), and there's coffee meets, cruises, and other adventures throughout the year.

• Thanks 1

Lovely E32, nothing like a nice 7. Hope you enjoy it.

plenty of good info on bimmerforums.com as well, very specific and might be useful for you.

• Thanks 1

They are a solid car and 290,000 is nothing for one of these, much more reliable than anything that came after. Fuel economy is their weak point but typically offset by low purchase price.

• Like 1

I love cruising in the old german tank. I had an upset subaru Wrx owner yesterday. This girl can get up and go , im all smiles , 

Can anyone assist me in how to lower these things. The strut setup looks technical and very limited with the rear coils eg only managed a little cut of coil,  until its uncaptive i dont want that.

Also im very keen on some mags and know what i want. More moderner bmw mags 18z or up if anyone knows of any 

How about the set of Style 42's ive got for sale?

similar to this google pic:

Image result for style 42 e32

• Like 1

So the rear self leveling suspension setup has been removed? 

Lowering springs would be the best bet for these and they are available new.  E34 springs  fit and probably lower it somewhat but obviously springs specs vary a lot on E34\E32's as they had many different engine configurations, options etc.

You'd definitely want to replace the shocks if you did the springs, id image they are tired like most and its not a job you'd want to do twice.

Welcome Jimmy - great old tank :) Qube's 42s would be a good bet.

Good active community in Welly....