Sign in to follow this  
qube

Heaps of E46 M3's on TM

Record high number of listings on TM at the moment..

None of them any good tbh except maybe the blue one or the facelift grey one

www.trademe.co.nz/1731840123

850146691.jpg

www.trademe.co.nz/1731430224

849907354.jpg

www.trademe.co.nz/1733469510

838083721.jpg

www.trademe.co.nz/1725146045

838633457.jpg

www.trademe.co.nz/1677083796

794604943.jpg

• Like 2

The blue one has fabric (half leather) seats, never seen that before.

And they all need SEO training - not a single one of them comes up using the search term 'e46 M3',

“E46” is not relevant and just searching m3 will bring up 318i and audis

11 minutes ago, qube said:

“E46” is not relevant and just searching m3 will bring up 318i and audis

No, I disagree.

If you're looking for an e46 M3 you know that's precisely what you're looking for and will search for that first. Of course it's relevant for the reasons you point out - "M3" by itself is useless, I needed to search for "BMW M3" and sort by price to find these ones.

That's poor SEO defined.

9 hours ago, M3AN said:

I needed to search for "BMW M3" and sort by price to find these ones.

Your poor hands and fingers having to go through the ordeal of refining a trademe search!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, M3AN said:

No, I disagree.

If you're looking for an e46 M3 you know that's precisely what you're looking for and will search for that first. Of course it's relevant for the reasons you point out - "M3" by itself is useless, I needed to search for "BMW M3" and sort by price to find these ones.

That's poor SEO defined.

Sorry what I meant was - for the team at trademe and anyone not bmw minded, the term E46 is irrelevant. We all know what E46 but the chances of other "normal" people knowing this is slim to none. 

Trademe doesnt exactly have the best categorizing platform for car models/chassis and thus if you search with keywords you are bound to miss out on auctions where people have unknowingly missed out on key, keywords. 

The only way is to search by category with a broad search criteria and weed through it manually but then there are people who list mag wheels in "BMW - OTHER" rather than the more typical "Alloy wheels" section (ask me why I know this lol)

You can always use the year field to search as well as the M3 term to narrow things down a bit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BreakMyWindow said:

Your poor hands and fingers having to go through the ordeal of refining a trademe search!

My point is that any seller should be optimising their chance of a sale. It's got nothing to do with whether I (or somebody else) can find it, it's how easy they can find it. Look up the research on how many people ever see more than the first page of results for any given Google search.

7 hours ago, qube said:

Sorry what I meant was - for the team at trademe and anyone not bmw minded, the term E46 is irrelevant. We all know what E46 but the chances of other "normal" people knowing this is slim to none. 

Trademe doesnt exactly have the best categorizing platform for car models/chassis and thus if you search with keywords you are bound to miss out on auctions where people have unknowingly missed out on key, keywords. 

The only way is to search by category with a broad search criteria and weed through it manually but then there are people who list mag wheels in "BMW - OTHER" rather than the more typical "Alloy wheels" section (ask me why I know this lol)

I'm not sure I get the connection. The seller would (I say "should") a) know what they're selling and the target market, and b) put "E46" in the title themselves. e.g. "2003 BMW E46 M3 (Manual) (Topaz)" would get a hit for any relevant search.

3 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

You can always use the year field to search as well as the M3 term to narrow things down a bit.

The problem there is that none of them come up with "E46 M3" so further filters don't help. I do realise you can find them, I did indeed find them, it's just that they not optimised for being found.

My original point being that they should be at the top of the list for a search for "E46 M3", that they don't even show up on the list at all is a seller oversight.

Damn, I still kinda want one as a weekend toy, but I'm too deep into the 335i to switch now. M3 for the weekend and a cheap commuter car for the week would be nice.

Edited by Matth5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Matth5 said:

Damn, I still kinda want one as a weekend toy, but I'm too deep into the 335i to switch now. M3 for the weekend and a cheap commuter car for the week would be nice.

Switch now. You'll continue to lose on depreciation on the 335i.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, M3AN said:

My point is that any seller should be optimising their chance of a sale. It's got nothing to do with whether I (or somebody else) can find it, it's how easy they can find it. Look up the research on how many people ever see more than the first page of results for any given Google search.

I'm not sure I get the connection. The seller would (I say "should") a) know what they're selling and the target market, and b) put "E46" in the title themselves. e.g. "2003 BMW E46 M3 (Manual) (Topaz)" would get a hit for any relevant search.

The problem there is that none of them come up with "E46 M3" so further filters don't help. I do realise you can find them, I did indeed find them, it's just that they not optimised for being found.

My original point being that they should be at the top of the list for a search for "E46 M3", that they don't even show up on the list at all is a seller oversight.

Quibble, quibble, quibble.

You should hop over to the Facebook market place, you’ll have a field day!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BreakMyWindow said:

Quibble, quibble, quibble.

I don't believe so. I think these days you need to be precise if you want to compete. Ignoring perhaps the most obvious search term is not smart by any measure.

1 hour ago, BreakMyWindow said:

You should hop over to the Facebook market place, you’ll have a field day!

I'm glad to say I've never had an account.

There is a good chance some of the owners dont actually want to sell their M3, and being vague with the TM listing is a good way of buying time while keeping the other half happy! :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, M3AN said:

don't believe so. I think these days you need to be precise if you want to compete. Ignoring perhaps the most obvious search term is not smart by any measure.

And what search term is that? E46?

Jebus you will argue about anything, won't you Dave? You're getting as bad as Ron these days. You need to chill out a bit eh, can't be good for your blood pressure.

That blue one has the rare ///M fabric interior. MUCH better than full leather IMO
13-car.jpg

The yellow one has been through heaps of owners in the past year or two, including iirc Brent. Last i saw it was forsale down here for about 20k before it was stacked.

The wheels on the grey one do it no favours, they look so weak on it, and the lowering on the silver one makes it look a bit dumb. The blue one would be my jam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the interior on the blue one is nice, have seen it in real life and its special indeed.

The black one would have been nice too but the welds on the subframe cracks look weak.

the lowered grey one I think looks nice to me but also dont like the lowering on it. factory height is best.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BreakMyWindow said:

And what search term is that? E46?

As I said above "E46 M3".

I'm not entirely sure why anyone would disagree.

competition package wheels haha. probably not much more difficult than the e39 m5 wheels :)

On 8/14/2018 at 3:44 PM, qube said:

Record high number of listings on TM at the moment..

None of them any good tbh except maybe the blue one or the facelift grey one

www.trademe.co.nz/1731840123

850146691.jpg

www.trademe.co.nz/1731430224

849907354.jpg

www.trademe.co.nz/1733469510

838083721.jpg

www.trademe.co.nz/1725146045

838633457.jpg

www.trademe.co.nz/1677083796

794604943.jpg

There’s such a thing as a facelift e46 M3?

news to me!

4 hours ago, qube said:

competition package wheels haha. probably not much more difficult than the e39 m5 wheels :)

You’re not wrong but after 5 years of ownership i have it down to 5 mins per wheel.

23 hours ago, m325i said:

Switch now. You'll continue to lose on depreciation on the 335i.

Nah, I paid 15k, for my 335i and I still see sub 100k cars for over that. 335i is close to the bottom of the depreciation cycle. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bennyboy said:

There’s such a thing as a facelift e46 M3?

news to me!

2003 I think:

+LED tail lights

+Different trunk lid handle

And not much (anything?) else.

• Like 3