Sign in to follow this  
qube

Heaps of E46 M3's on TM

1 minute ago, Herbmiester said:

Nah, I paid 15k, for my 335i and I still see sub 100k cars for over that. 335i is close to the bottom of the depreciation cycle. 

Time will tell. But if you benchmark the 330i as the previous 'best non M' then it's likely they'll follow a similar curve IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, m325i said:

Time will tell. But if you benchmark the 330i as the previous 'best non M' then it's likely they'll follow a similar curve IMO.

330i is a long long way away from a 335i when it comes to performance and that is the difference. When the flat peak crowd see that you can get one for 12k and realise how easy it is to up the boost and get 400HP they will be into them. I see the 335i taking a similar path to Supras and GTR's, lower performance BMW's like 330is will suffer the depreciation you have mentioned because in reality they are not very fast.  

• Like 2

Pretty sure they already know going by some of the examples and owners ive seen.

Can't see either having Supra, Skyline etc valve given BMW production numbers these days and so many other similar chassis using the engines.

23 minutes ago, Herbmiester said:

Nah, I paid 15k, for my 335i and I still see sub 100k cars for over that. 335i is close to the bottom of the depreciation cycle. 

Yet to drive one but am partial to an LCI Touring.

7 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Pretty sure they already know going by some of the examples and owners ive seen.

Can't see either having Supra, Skyline etc valve given BMW production numbers these days and so many other similar chassis using the engines.

Not saying they will have the same value as a GTR or Skyline but the depreciation curve could well be similar. The N54 cars have some real tuning potential and the Flat Peak crowd will if they are not already be on to this. Coupe, Sedan or Wagon just more to choose from. The young cars guy I talk to have little to no interest in the M cars and that is, from what I can gather, because they dont have turbos. 

Edited by Herbmiester

3 minutes ago, BreakMyWindow said:

Yet to drive one but am partial to an LCI Touring.

You will be in for a treat.

52 minutes ago, Herbmiester said:

Not saying they will have the same value as a GTR or Skyline but the depreciation curve could well be similar. The N54 cars have some real tuning potential and the Flat Peak crowd will if they are not already be on to this. Coupe, Sedan or Wagon just more to choose from. The young cars guy I talk to have little to no interest in the M cars and that is, from what I can gather, because they dont have turbos. 

Will be interesting to see how well they hold up in the years to come,, no doubt flogged and damaged will start to appearing on tardme at some point in the near future esp with the prices 

3 hours ago, M3AN said:

2003 I think:

+LED tail lights

+Different trunk lid handle

And not much (anything?) else.

For non m3 diff headlights and front grilles. 

For m3 fl u get led tails

btw its 2003.5 ot newer build date for facelift

^ not a face lift update, but late 2002 got the MK60 DME. Which allows for Mtrack mode. I wouldn't buy one without that.  

SMG says N instead of 0. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, m325i said:

^ not a face lift update, but late 2002 got the MK60 DME. Which allows for Mtrack mode. I wouldn't buy one without that.  

SMG says N instead of 0. 

Oooooh.

tell me more about this Mtrack mode?

SMG says N instead of O, in what regard? N as in neutral?

It's a less intrusive traction control mode that allows some slip. It came with the ZHP and CSL cars. 

HellBM installed it in my car and I use it everyday. 

(The standard DSC is pretty invasive especially say in the wet when pulling out of an intersection - it can be quite dangerous as it really cuts power).

Sounds like you need to go a bit easier on the throttle.... :P

A real man uses his right foot as traction control.

13 hours ago, KwS said:

Sounds like you need to go a bit easier on the throttle.... :P

A real man uses his right foot as traction control.

Not so easy on boosted cars. 

1 hour ago, Herbmiester said:

Not so easy on boosted cars. 

Sounds like an excuse

On 8/17/2018 at 9:46 AM, m325i said:

SMG says N instead of 0. 

On 8/18/2018 at 3:23 PM, m325i said:

It's a less intrusive traction control mode that allows some slip. It came with the ZHP and CSL cars. 

HellBM installed it in my car and I use it everyday. 

(The standard DSC is pretty invasive especially say in the wet when pulling out of an intersection - it can be quite dangerous as it really cuts power).

Mine is late 2002, not sure mine has the mode you mention?

3370CE42-49B9-42EE-8559-CEE76D3949A8.png

9 hours ago, KwS said:

Sounds like an excuse

Sounds like the reality of turbochraged cars with electronic throttle control, but hopefully some throtlle mapping and and an lsd will help. 

16 hours ago, Bennyboy said:

Mine is late 2002, not sure mine has the mode you mention?

You need to have it enabled. Talk to HellBM. Being November 02, I'd put money on you having MK60, but you'd need to check. 

• Thanks 1