Sign in to follow this  
adz

E30 5 Stud conversion fix?

Hey,

Ive been trying to find the correct M3 LCAs for the 5 lug conversion for my rally build. The idea of buying new M3 LCAs had my eyes watering because I'm 99% sure I'll go through a few arms over the years. Was playing around in the garage last night and thought about adjusting the angle/position of the LCA bushing to fix the caster. Anyway stumbled across this this morning, seems like someone has beaten me to it. https://srs-concept.com/product/e30-bolt-on-5-lug-swap-caster-corrector/

Has anyone come across this before? or better yet used them?

Cheers

Yup, seen that. One of the myriad of ways to try and get everything to line up when going 5-Stud.

There are now a whole host of options for 5-lug into the E30, which hubs are you using for yours? The geometry for them all is slightly different I believe, so the adjustment in the LCA through these bushes varies a little as well.

I believe JiBs runs these on his E30 drift car with E46 hubs, and is happy with them, not sure he's on here much but is on BookFace E30 groups quite often.

My plan is to run E36 hubs/spindles most likely 328i parts as thats the parts cars I have.

Just welding up the strut tubes to take the spindles at the moment. so will be able to check out the geometry shortly.

I run the srs bushes and they still dont centre the hub with standard e36 arms, if you use m3 hubs it may work.

Theres quite a few options out there for this now, theres a guy in oz that has built some that he reckons works with standard arms. try the e30 enthusiasts australia page he posts a bit on there

I'm sure there'll be an easy way to do it Adam, got a few different parts here if you wanna come measure and see what they'll do, see if something's near enough to a bolt on that'll work for you.

On 8/14/2018 at 8:10 PM, WYZEUP said:

I run the srs bushes and they still dont centre the hub with standard e36 arms, if you use m3 hubs it may work.

Theres quite a few options out there for this now, theres a guy in oz that has built some that he reckons works with standard arms. try the e30 enthusiasts australia page he posts a bit on there

Hi WYZEUP, we changed the dimensions a little of our kit and now this problem is solved. Before the update, depending of your knuckles models you have centre or a little rearward in some case. So we revise it to be center at minimum and for who have a little more caster in their knuckles/chassis will be more forward, the same way as the evo's E36 have more caster. This is a better compromise. Now if you have the old version and want the upgraded version, please contact us ( email is easier ) to get the new revision for free ! That's our quality policy !

• Thanks 1