Sign in to follow this  
FIAT 131R

WARNING WARNING WARNING

MyUS are ok if you get the VISA promo deal but even with that they their pricing is average. Service wise they are pretty swift though. Youshop seems way slower in processing than they used to and paying less for the 7-14 day option seems arrive just as fast as the 5-9 day one.

10 minutes ago, Allanw said:

The worst part, is US sellers using STUPID big boxes for stuff - YouShop say they don't rebox car parts, but they often do, anyway.

Aye - the volumetric calculations add zeroes to the shipping costs.

Also used Youshop plenty, for both UK and US items. Never had an issue.

+1 to threads like this being useless in general, everyone has an opinion of bad experience, with anything. I could say "WARNING WARNING WARNING DONT USE Z PETROL BECAUSE THE ATTENDANT POURED IT ON MY WIFE BY ACCIDENT ONE TIME" (true story)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I have used you shop a bunch of times with no issues. 

The slowest part of any shipping I find is good old NZpost 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dirtydoogle said:

I have used you shop a bunch of times with no issues. 

The slowest part of any shipping I find is good old NZpost 

TBH - I was thinking the same.

On 8/17/2018 at 11:13 PM, KwS said:

Also used Youshop plenty, for both UK and US items. Never had an issue.

+1 to threads like this being useless in general, everyone has an opinion of bad experience, with anything. I could say "WARNING WARNING WARNING DONT USE Z PETROL BECAUSE THE ATTENDANT POURED IT ON MY WIFE BY ACCIDENT ONE TIME" (true story)

TBH I hear nothing but complaints about it state side.  And they lost $200 worth of my stuff due to not updating their address.  That's enough for me to warn others about the service.

Edited by Driftit
  • Like 1

On 8/19/2018 at 5:18 PM, Driftit said:

TBH I hear nothing but complaints about it state side.  And they lost $200 worth of my stuff due to not updating their address.  That's enough for me to warn others about the service.

Yeah but changing address should be a pretty uncommon thing to happen, and at that, I bet you didn't actually lose that $200 because wouldn't youshop be liable for the costs to either recover the item or replace it since it was their fault? Doesn't sound like something that should be a worry 98% of the time.

6 hours ago, KwS said:

Yeah but changing address should be a pretty uncommon thing to happen, and at that, I bet you didn't actually lose that $200 because wouldn't youshop be liable for the costs to either recover the item or replace it since it was their fault? Doesn't sound like something that should be a worry 98% of the time.

I tired for months to get them to admit responsibility.  I got nothing from them.  $200 wasn't worth my time.  But I hope that I have caused them to lose well over $200 with bad publicity.

I'm all for people warning each other of sh*t service.  NZ is rife with it.  Even if you still use the service you are now aware that there could be an issue.

I wonder how much of the extended delivery time problem is NZPost (which includes YouShop) and how much is down to customs processes (outside the control of a carrier)?

Fedex, DHL and other non-state couriers seem to be able to get their shipments through customs in a reasonably timely fashion, while NZPost seem unable to regularly get things processed quickly. I have two packages which (sender) tracking tells me have been in customs in Auckland for over a week - NZPost don't even acknowledge their arrival in NZ. Neither are big, neither are valuable. (An OBD2 cable, and a regulator for an alternator.)

5 hours ago, Driftit said:

I tired for months to get them to admit responsibility.  I got nothing from them.  $200 wasn't worth my time.  But I hope that I have caused them to lose well over $200 with bad publicity.

I'm all for people warning each other of sh*t service.  NZ is rife with it.  Even if you still use the service you are now aware that there could be an issue.

Oh wow, i stand corrected. Fair enough then, i'd be pissed off too if they hadnt come to the party. Thats pretty poor.

31 minutes ago, gjm said:

I wonder how much of the extended delivery time problem is NZPost (which includes YouShop) and how much is down to customs processes (outside the control of a carrier)?

Fedex, DHL and other non-state couriers seem to be able to get their shipments through customs in a reasonably timely fashion, while NZPost seem unable to regularly get things processed quickly. I have two packages which (sender) tracking tells me have been in customs in Auckland for over a week - NZPost don't even acknowledge their arrival in NZ. Neither are big, neither are valuable. (An OBD2 cable, and a regulator for an alternator.)

Compared to any NZ courier, Fedex is amazing. They got a steering rack from the UK, to me, in 5 days, over Christmas. I laughed when it said the ETA was 27th Dec, but ill be damned if it wasn't in my hands on the 27th, and that includes having to clear customs and pay GST. I find with DHL and Fedex they pre-pay GST and customs fees on your behalf, get it straight through customs, and then once you pay them its on your doorstep in a day or two.

I've no issues with Youshop US which ive used over 10x but Youshop UK on the other hand are terrible. Ive used them 6x now and 5 recent times they took 3+ working days to recognize the package and 3+ working days to actually send upon immediate payment. Last package took from 22 Aug to today and that was wasn't counting the days it took to show which was nearly a week.

Lodged a complain and won't be ever using them ever again but just a thought id put out a warning based on this consistently garbage service.