Sign in to follow this  
Contrails

1987 E30 Mtech 1

Hard to say on value, but it's going to be rare.

Factory 325 manual with factory-fitted Mtech kit, NZ new... Won't be many of those around.

$20k asking price is a lot, but with engine and gearbox-swapped cars being listed with asking prices at $14-16k, it's probably the right asking price.

What it sells for is another matter. 

• Like 2

Thanks gjm.  It's been on sale for a while now.  I will check it out this weekend. A bit out of my budget. 

17 hours ago, Contrails said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/1731516816

Anyone seen this in person? Asking price is high.  I thought Mtech 1 would be around 13-15k mark.

Nice. Love a Techwan, IMHO Tech I > Tech II.

Car has a couple of non-standard parts, but listing says he has the spoiler, wheels, etc. to put it back to factory standard so that's no big problem.

Would love to add a Tech I 325i to my garage, but no room at the inn, bugger.

• Like 2

Just went and had a look at this car. It's a nice car but does have a few issues.  

Oil leak from the front side of the engine. The bottom half of the engine was covered in oil and it looked fresh.  Not gonna be a cheap fix.

The right rear window has a leak in the top seal.  Not sure how long has this been tthere. But it is worrying as the rain has left a trail on the inside which will most likely lead to some rust issues. 

Inside rear trunk where the number plate back kinda protrudes in, has some surface rust. 

Idle was good. But tappets were loud. Second, on acceleration the engine made this weird sound, not sure if that was the K&N filter. 

Interior is not original. Original cloth seats are missing.  For the asking price, I think the car should have these.

To summarize it, 19.5k is asking a lot with the above issues.  Will keep searching for another E30 Mtech. 

Edited by Contrails
  • Like 1

Out of curiosity, how do you know/why should it have cloth seats instead of the leather?

The vin for the car is WBAAB320X00858585.

Upholstery code is 0211 which I believe is black cloth http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/index.php/Image:1986-2.jpg.  I also asked the owner if those seats were original, he said no and that he got the car with the leather seats.

Edited by Contrails
  • Like 1