Sign in to follow this  
bradgalbraith

Racetech RT1000 reviews

Hi all,

Looking into the Racetech RT1000 seat and from what I can see its a good option for me however at 185cm, I'm 5cm above the recommended height for the seat. Will this be an issue with a harness? Would be good to hear reviews.

https://www.racetech.co.nz/shop/seats/club/RT1000-motorsport-seats 

Cheers

Won't be a problem with the harness, the belts can run up anyway but it might be an issue with helmet clearance if it's already tight. That may be mitigated by mounting the seat lower if there's space to do that.

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

Won't be a problem with the harness, the belts can run up anyway but it might be an issue with helmet clearance if it's already tight. That may be mitigated by mounting the seat lower if there's space to do that.

It’s a non sunroof so should be fine. I’d like to sit in one before buying though

On 8/17/2018 at 5:17 PM, bradgalbraith said:

It’s a non sunroof so should be fine. I’d like to sit in one before buying though

Go down to http://chicane.co.nz/ they have most of the Racetech seats in their show room for you to sit in & have a feel before buying.

I ended up going for the RT4009 after sitting in them both. found it to be a way better seat!!! 

Edited by BatMansWilly
  • Like 1

Check the diagrams in the MSNZ manual around shoulder straps and angles and stuff, it’s pretty well drawn out I think.

Particularly if you are using a HANS device the straps should be trying to stop forward movement, not squash you into becoming a dwarf.