Sign in to follow this  
MD335

Hello from a newbie

Hi folks, new to the forum and to owning a BMW.

Just purchased a 335i Wagon Japanese import and so far I'm impressed. 

No real questions at the moment, Just trying to get my head around all the things. Probably will want to look at smartphone bluetooth or USB connectivity for both phone, music and maps as the first thing so any pointers gratefully received. 

FB_IMG_1534110722383.jpg

• Like 6

Hey, I'm still need to do my re-introduction (haven't been active for a while) but thought I'd share the Bluetooth receiver I got in the meantime. Tried a few but this one works amazing, very happy, auto charges, auto shuts off, auto connects to your phone on car start and comes with microphone built in so can actually do hands-free like built in from factory. You just need AUX plug and 12V power in centre console.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0739RGDFJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_UQKEBb8JPSQBS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to BimmerSport Martin! Looks like a beaut wagon :)

FYI we have a very active community and branch of the BMW Car Club here in Welly. I'll tag you onto the 3 events we have coming up.

• Thanks 1

Thank you. Will try and get along to some of them

• Like 1

Welcome to the E91 gang Martin. I've had mine for 18 months and done heaps of maintenance and mods. Let me know if you need a hand. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, #E91FUN said:

Welcome to the E91 gang Martin. I've had mine for 18 months and done heaps of maintenance and mods. Let me know if you need a hand. 

Thanks, I will do when the time comes.

Do you know much about idrive? I’ve had the NZ radio coding but have heard conflicting messages about other things. I’m particularly interested in connecting my phone preferably by Bluetooth but USB if not, to play music and use the phone.

is there any way to integrate the output from map applications on the phone to display in the screen.

finally for now what about fitting a reversing camera?

I have the updated stock stereo in our E91 that has the USB and bluetooth connectivity feature. It was pulled from a 2011 or 2012 E9x and fitted to our 2005 E91 and worked perfectly to play music from USB and take phonecalls on bluetooth. Our car does not have iDrive.

We dont need it anymore as the car has been crashed but that unit is undamaged. Let me know if you are interested :)

On 8/28/2018 at 4:27 PM, qube said:

I have the updated stock stereo in our E91 that has the USB and bluetooth connectivity feature. It was pulled from a 2011 or 2012 E9x and fitted to our 2005 E91 and worked perfectly to play music from USB and take phonecalls on bluetooth. Our car does not have iDrive.

We dont need it anymore as the car has been crashed but that unit is undamaged. Let me know if you are interested :)

Thanks. Not sure if it’ll work in an idrive version though. 

Can anyone advise?

1 hour ago, MD335 said:

Thanks. Not sure if it’ll work in an idrive version though. 

Can anyone advise?

You would have to get an idrive version. Check out AvinUSA. Their android units are pretty sweet looking. https://avinusa.com/8-8-bmw-3-series-e90-e91-e92-e93-android-multimedia-navigation-system.html

They unit is basically a screen replacement but allows you to switch between the android based guy which looks like ID5/6 and your original idrive gui. I am considering one of these for my 6-er too since it's considerably cheaper and less involved than an NBT EVO retrofit.

Thanks hugo_nz that looks to be just what I am looking for. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2018 at 4:27 PM, qube said:

Hi there, sorry to hijack the original post but I could be interested in your stereo if it is still for sale. Bit limited on budget but can you let me know how much you are after. Cheers

Anyone any experience with the Dynavin aftermarket product to replace the idrive ccc screen? 

Looks like there is an NZ dealer Autogravity. 

14 hours ago, SnifflingHippo said:

Hi there, sorry to hijack the original post but I could be interested in your stereo if it is still for sale. Bit limited on budget but can you let me know how much you are after. Cheers

send me a PM with your contact details