Sign in to follow this  
Goffy

2006 540I left rear window dropped wont come up

Hey guys i have a 2006 540I m sport. Yesterday winding down the passenger side rear window it made an interesting sound like a chain letting go and falling to the inside of the door and the window went down quite quickly too... now wont come up again surprise surprise...

i am assuming the belt on the window regulator has broken and dropped the window. 

Any other thoughts?

i shall hopefully pull the door cover off and see what has happened in the next day or so, i would assume i need a regulator and pelican parts seem to have them in stock, is any of you fine folks have access to these parts for reasonable money assuming that is what it is?

thanks for your help!

Goffy

Pelican show two a Siemens $99.50Us and genuine for $167.50 these don't have the motors.If of any help a superseeded part number 51357184745 is being used. When replacing the one on the e39  advised to clean the guides and spray .them with Teflon to provide a smooth surface for the glass to slide over

have plenty of good window regulators in stock ,

email me directly

thanks