Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

E92 335i with M3 bits.

For those of you that have fitted M3 suspension parts to you e90/91/92/93, what settings did you use when you had it aligned? I have the M3 arms in the rear and the geometry seems the same, but up front I am aware its different. I was thinking of just getting the shop to use the e92 M3 settings, as its mostly toe adjustment, camber is fixed and I assume castor is as well.

E92 M3 is what I use on the E87, which is the same as E9x geometry (bar the track width). Camber is somewhat adjustable at the front,  with the slotted strut towers, not that many seem to bother though.

I have -1.5 camber at the front with M3 LCAs and strut tops pushed in as far as they go. 

• Like 1

I had M3 front arms (both upper and lower) installed recently and they based my specs off an M3 competition pack. Works pretty well. Specs attached.

Previous specs I had were a bit on the 'stance-ey' side with the rear camber, I think they overcompensated when I said I had rubbing on the rear (rear right only I think) from the aftermarket wheels. 

M3 Comp based alignment Jul 2018.jpg

Edited by Matth5
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Matth5 said:

I had M3 front arms (both upper and lower) installed recently and they based my specs off an M3 competition pack. Works pretty well. Specs attached.

Previous specs I had were a bit on the 'stance-ey' side with the rear camber, I think they overcompensated when I said I had rubbing on the rear (rear right only I think) from the aftermarket wheels. 

M3 Comp based alignment Jul 2018.jpg

interesting they've given you more toe - beyond the spec - at front and rear.  Is this a compromise between 335i and M3 spec?

Hmm yeah looks like it. Seems halfway between M3 and 335i msport toe specs. I have an older alignment sheet showing the 335i specs are 1.9mm in the rear and  1.5mm in the front. 

BMWorkshop Botany arranged this when they were doing my service and installing the arms. Basically told them I want something that's good for the odd thrash and track session, but it spends a lot of it's time commuting on the motorway so take that into account. That's the result. 

• Like 1