Sign in to follow this  
Syy0628

broken quarter glass replace

Not a BMW, but this forum is I think the most helpful and active car forum in NZ, so I am going to post it here looking for some tips

finally get around to fix my CLK320 that has been parked up since broken into a few months back. some lowlife that had no idea what he was doing decide he would like to take my merc for a spin and smashed my quarter glass. ripped out the door card try to open the door, without success(vacuum operated central locking), managed to squeeze into the car, and broken the steering column cover, and damaged the ignition. (what were you thinking, it's keyless entry and keyless start, even I can't get it to start with the backup key once the battery in the key is dead). caused lots of damage and achieved nothing, what a loser. 

Anyway, I got most of the stuff fixed now as they share with C class, which is available in pick a part, but the quarter glass took me some time to find, managed to get one from Germany without cost me my arm. now it's time to install it.

Okay, I realized I tend to write a lot of nonsense before I actually start to ask the important question, so here it is  
How do I remove the remaining shattered glass that is still glued to the window frame effectively? I can currently pulling them off piece by piece now on piece #76, and got them everywhere.

thanks, guys

Edited by Syy0628
because
  • Like 1

A screw driver etc to pry loose the glass and a vacuum cleaner nozzle near the said screw driver to suck it up