Sign in to follow this  
Bennyboy

M5 TOURING | DROOL

13 minutes ago, Bennyboy said:

HOT WAGON

+1 on that Ben! :D Fantastic vehicle. Very low kms too ...

I didn't know any were sold new in NZ TBH. $5K for the CIC u/g - sheesh!

Pics for posterity!

861623894.jpg

862155760.jpg

862155765.jpg

862155803.jpg

862155804.jpg

862155820.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bennyboy said:

I love the plate

Maybe two were bought - as in the guy in the US that bought two E39 M5's - one to drive  & the other to keep unused - the one that sold a week or two back.

I thought i had a NZ autocar somewhere that said there were 4 sold new in NZ, not that it matters, still a great car and i hope it sells for the asking price, but he might be a bit optimistic. There was one on a yard in Hamilton a while ago for similar money, was on trade me for over a year. That grey is the only other colour i would own one in, i still prefer mine though! 

Thanks for the comments guys - I am the owner. Beautiful car to drive but plans have changed so reducing the size fo the stable.

8 hours ago, aja540i said:

I thought i had a NZ autocar somewhere that said there were 4 sold new in NZ, not that it matters, still a great car and i hope it sells for the asking price, but he might be a bit optimistic. There was one on a yard in Hamilton a while ago for similar money, was on trade me for over a year. That grey is the only other colour i would own one in, i still prefer mine though! 

You might be right but the previous owner who has a close relationship with Auckland City BMW was adamant only two were sold.

15 hours ago, hotwire said:

Maybe two were bought - as in the guy in the US that bought two E39 M5's - one to drive  & the other to keep unused - the one that sold a week or two back.

I bought it on the basis on the understanding there are only two NZ New examples :)

• Like 1

1 of 2, or 1 of 4, still rare as heck and makes little to no difference in the grand scheme of things imo. GLWS

• Like 1

This is awesome. Wickedly awesome! @leebske you have a stable of awesomeness ? and I hope you get, or get close to, your asking price

9 hours ago, Statek said:

I used to see a purple one doing school runs in Mt Eden a few years ago now.

Possibly mine before i got it, its Interlagos blue but my wife swears its purple and i have to concede it looks purpleish in the right light. I got it from a dealer in Mt Eden where it had been traded on a Landcruiser, which is much more sensible for school runs in Mt Eden!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aja540i said:

...for school runs in Mt Eden!!

Oh please Andrew it's West Epsom now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, aja540i said:

Possibly mine before i got it, its Interlagos blue but my wife swears its purple and i have to concede it looks purpleish in the right light. I got it from a dealer in Mt Eden where it had been traded on a Landcruiser, which is much more sensible for school runs in Mt Eden!!

Purple or blue, the car had my head turning every single bloody time I saw it ? I love sleeper wagons ???

You have to love the Touring to pay that price. That's F10 M5 money and twice the price of an E60 M5 sedan. 

I looked at the black one last year for sale. 105k km sold through dealer for $45 and then privately a year later for less than $40. 

Amazing car but hard to sell unless someone really wants it. AMG or RS6 wagon if you want a daily driver. M5 V10 if you live near a tunnel! The sound is to die for. 

21 hours ago, Herbmiester said:

You have to love the Touring to pay that price. That's F10 M5 money and twice the price of an E60 M5 sedan. 

Absolutely mate - it's a very different proposition. This has collector status due to it's rarity whereas the F10 is an ultimate daily. 

You only need to look at the E34 touring vs. sedan prices today to see where these will likely head.

On 9/3/2018 at 5:37 PM, treone said:

This is awesome. Wickedly awesome! @leebske you have a stable of awesomeness ? and I hope you get, or get close to, your asking price

Thanks mate!

18 hours ago, nzodea said:

I looked at the black one last year for sale. 105k km sold through dealer for $45 and then privately a year later for less than $40. 

Amazing car but hard to sell unless someone really wants it. AMG or RS6 wagon if you want a daily driver. M5 V10 if you live near a tunnel! The sound is to die for. 

Bang on. The black one was also a UK import - nothing wrong with that however this does half the mileage, comes with full NZ history (plus hard wired radar and CIC system for the geeks!).

Edited by leebske
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 8:49 AM, leebske said:

Bang on. The black one was also a UK import - nothing wrong with that however this does half the mileage, comes with full NZ history (plus hard wired radar and CIC system for the geeks!).

Not sure the  NZ vs import history is as big a deal as we all make it out to be. You can can get full BMW service history in any car now, likewise any crash history etc. The low KMs is definitely nice and I like the grey, (it would match one of my other BMWs). As for the hard wired radar and CIC ; mods which have no real resale value in my opinion, especially on a collectors car.

those who haven't; check out the top gear episode on the M5 Touring. Got to love powerful wagons!

On 9/3/2018 at 5:46 PM, aja540i said:

do the kids like launch control at the school gates!!!

17 minutes ago, nzodea said:

Not sure the  NZ vs import history is as big a deal as we all make it out to be. You can can get full BMW service history in any car now, likewise any crash history etc. The low KMs is definitely nice and I like the grey, (it would match one of my other BMWs). As for the hard wired radar and CIC ; mods which have no real resale value in my opinion, especially on a collectors car.

those who haven't; check out the top gear episode on the M5 Touring. Got to love powerful wagons!

If asking price is met I'll also include an Eventuri intake worth $2,500. 

http://www.eventuri.net/products/bmw-e6x-m5m6/

E60-M5-Eventuri-Intake-engine.jpg

4 hours ago, Golfboy666GTI said:

There are x2 NZ new, x3 UK imports in NZ.

Glad I had the right info - thanks mate!

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:44 AM, Golfboy666GTI said:

There are x2 NZ new, x3 UK imports in NZ.

Imports have gone up though. 7 x M5 Station Wagon from UK, 1 x M5 Station Wagon from Japan.

However, two of those are listed with 4,400cc engine with 2012 and 2014 build dates so looks like some clown can't tell the difference between a sedan and a station wagon. So realisically it is now 6 x M5 Wagon.

Still not that far from being rocking horse poo though.

• Like 1