Sign in to follow this  
Bennyboy

M5 TOURING | DROOL

same as my prado - 3 door not 5 door, but tell that to insurers and NZTA.  Might be rocking horse poo but is it collectible rocking horse poo? The eternal question!!!!

On 9/6/2018 at 8:49 AM, leebske said:

Absolutely mate - it's a very different proposition. This has collector status due to it's rarity whereas the F10 is an ultimate daily. 

You only need to look at the E34 touring vs. sedan prices today to see where these will likely head.

Thanks mate!

Bang on. The black one was also a UK import - nothing wrong with that however this does half the mileage, comes with full NZ history (plus hard wired radar and CIC system for the geeks!).

Uk import does matter i feel when considering value and resale, being uk import hurts it... buy nz new always.

On 9/7/2018 at 1:40 PM, nzodea said:

Not sure the  NZ vs import history is as big a deal as we all make it out to be. You can can get full BMW service history in any car now, likewise any crash history etc. The low KMs is definitely nice and I like the grey, (it would match one of my other BMWs). As for the hard wired radar and CIC ; mods which have no real resale value in my opinion, especially on a collectors car.

those who haven't; check out the top gear episode on the M5 Touring. Got to love powerful wagons!

when it comes to salted import uk roads it does matter, and say singapore imports with all that electrical killing humidity it matters, nz new cars will always be worth more in nz than imports

1 hour ago, 1M2GO said:

when it comes to salted import uk roads it does matter, and say singapore imports with all that electrical killing humidity it matters, nz new cars will always be worth more in nz than imports

I'd agree for a normal "general" import from any other country, be it salt, sand, humidity.  However for cars that are specialty and low mileage, they are likely Sunday drivers, garaged and/or fine day drivers and those rules don't apply. I think we over value our supposedly NZ new. Our roads are no where near as good as a lot of our import countries (South Africa is probably the RHD exception to us. As such our wear and tear on wheels, suspension and drivetrain is likely to be higher (Living in CHCH, I can attest to that post quake, where we went even worse!).

We have all had that experience of a brisk country drive in NZ to hit a pothole and clench just before hand. 

The other end of spectrum is cars with very low KMS, that can suffer problems from having sat without use, or no journeys to "clean them out". 

I'm off to Nelson today in the Z4M, so it can get a run. Hopefully not too many potholes and roadworks

5 hours ago, 1M2GO said:

Yup, people keep trotting out the same stories - all UK cars are rusty because of salt, all Singapore have electrical issues, all Japanese have been stuck in traffic all their life, etc. etc.

Treat every car on it's merits, check for known issues, every car / owner / history is different. Take the car for how it actually is, not how all the sooth sayers on the Internets suggest it will be.

As for NZ New being a bonus hmm, not so sure on that one.

• Like 5

The touring M5 is nz new and low km so has the best creds possible, way better than any uk import with higher kms. as for the not hinkng nzz new is better look at the market almost any nz new car no matter what make or models is worth more than the same as an import, so not sure where you get your thinking from the market does show nz new cars are worth more ..period !!

That doesn't mean they are better.  My Jap import cars have ALWAYS been in better condition than the comparative NZ new vehicle.  I'm not saying this is the rule, but for the cars I have had it's been true.

My 130i, E500, E55 and M5 all had absolutely no marks on them whatsoever, it's as if the Japanese owners had them running on blocks in their garage to get the mileage up or something.  A lot of them also appeared to have service history.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, 1M2GO said:

The touring M5 is nz new and low km so has the best creds possible, way better than any uk import with higher kms. as for the not hinkng nzz new is better look at the market almost any nz new car no matter what make or models is worth more than the same as an import, so not sure where you get your thinking from the market does show nz new cars are worth more ..period !!

Agree; it is worth more than a higher km car, nz, UK, SA  Singapore or other. 

However a car with less km. Say 10,000 would be worth more no matter where it's origin. 

An interesting issue on value is LHD vs RHD. There is a bigger market for LHD but also more cars made. Modify an e30 m3 to RHD and you have an orphan 

19 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Yup, people keep trotting out the same stories - all UK cars are rusty because of salt, all Singapore have electrical issues, all Japanese have been stuck in traffic all their life, etc. etc.

Treat every car on it's merits, check for known issues, every car / owner / history is different. Take the car for how it actually is, not how all the sooth sayers on the Internets suggest it will be.

As for NZ New being a bonus hmm, not so sure on that one.

Importing a car from the UK could be an issue with rust compliance, but once its here and been through compliance it should be fine. Only small things like MPH speedos can be a pain.

17 hours ago, 1M2GO said:

It might be worth slightly more but is it worth $15-20K more? i personally don't believe so, if i had the option of this NZ new example or my UK import i would make the same decision again. Also, the rust myth is just begging to be taken out and put down, I have seen NZ new cars with major rust at a few years old and my UK M5 didn't have a spot of rust on or under it when i got it at 8 years old.

• Like 2

You should see some of the late model NZ cars we get at work that have lived near the sea in Petone or Seatoun. Held together with orange flakes.

• Like 3

On 5 November 2018 at 10:42 PM, 1M2GO said:

the market does show nz new cars are worth more ..period !!

However, those two identical vehicles very rarely exist, and there are many, many more important things that NZ new in determining the value.

The majority of "NZ New" cars I have seen have been either poorly optioned and / or badly serviced with badly stone chipped bumpers and bonnets.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

However, those two identical vehicles very rarely exist, and there are many, many more important things that NZ new in determining the value.

The majority of "NZ New" cars I have seen have been either poorly optioned and / or badly serviced with badly stone chipped bumpers and bonnets.

and a service history that comprises of only WoF certificates.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/8/2018 at 12:17 AM, emandru said:

and a service history that comprises of only WoF certificates.....

And not clean ones either.

Heading overseas in a few months so the car needs to do. Get in touch if interested.

a shame this has not sold. I am tempted. While rare, it seems that is not the driver of pricing at the moment. Cars that were on posters on our walls as kids are the ones selling. not necessarily the best cars.

3 hours ago, nzodea said:

a shame this has not sold. I am tempted. While rare, it seems that is not the driver of pricing at the moment. Cars that were on posters on our walls as kids are the ones selling. not necessarily the best cars.

Hi Michael - yes it's an interesting market at the moment. 

Give me a call if you change your mind.