Sign in to follow this  
Simmie

Auckland Exhaust and Driveline shop Recommendations

I wasn't sure where to post this... I'm trying to finish up my E30 M30 swap and I need some exhaust and driveline work done. I was thinking about having Woolf Mufflers in Mt Eden do the exhaust as they're not too far away and well reviewed on Google

Can anyone recommend some shops? Preferably Auckland Central (I'm in Epsom)

More specifically I need

*Probably a full exhaust

*Medium case diff installed (tried myself with little luck)

*Existing 320i auto driveshaft made to fit (probably needs new front half fabricated?)

*Clutch hard line shaped and installed

Edited by Simmie

ADL should be able to sort out the driveshaft for you, including balancing it and the paperwork it will require for certing.

What gearbox you using? Couple or factory options work rather than custom length depending. Also, I need an exhaust made up for my M30 swap, we should ask for a package deal haha

driveshaft.co.nz did my Touran one - the guy was SUPER helpful and is incredibly particular ?

Penrose based now.

AJ @ Pitstop in Albany will be happy to do all that if you can get it out there.

Close friend of mine.  Has done a lot of work for Bimmersporters over the years.
He can also organize to have the Driveshaft built either by ADL or Driveline.  Saves you running around.

Genuine car guy too.  He loves/hates E30's.  He still misses his 1UZ powered E30 he built.

On 9/4/2018 at 4:54 PM, aja540i said:

ADL should be able to sort out the driveshaft for you, including balancing it and the paperwork it will require for certing.

Thanks for the recommendation. I sent them an enquiry last night and Matt got back to me pretty quick saying they could get it done for me. ADL isn't too far away from home either which helps

On 9/4/2018 at 7:48 PM, Lucan said:

What gearbox you using? Couple or factory options work rather than custom length depending. Also, I need an exhaust made up for my M30 swap, we should ask for a package deal haha

I'm using a 5 speed M10 box for mine. Research shows I should be able to use a 320i manual driveshaft without modification, but i've got sick of trying to track one down. What did you do for your driveshaft?

13 hours ago, Driftit said:

AJ @ Pitstop in Albany will be happy to do all that if you can get it out there.

Close friend of mine.  Has done a lot of work for Bimmersporters over the years.
He can also organize to have the Driveshaft built either by ADL or Driveline.  Saves you running around.

Genuine car guy too.  He loves/hates E30's.  He still misses his 1UZ powered E30 he built.

A 1UZ E30 sounds mental! He sounds like the guy I should go to, but Albany is a little too far to be convenient for me. Thanks for the input  

Thank you for the suggestions people. I feel like the ball is rolling. Hopefully i'll get to spend the summer driving my E30 again

7 hours ago, Simmie said:

I'm using a 5 speed M10 box for mine. Research shows I should be able to use a 320i manual driveshaft without modification, but i've got sick of trying to track one down. What did you do for your driveshaft?

A 1UZ E30 sounds mental! He sounds like the guy I should go to, but Albany is a little too far to be convenient for me. Thanks for the input  

Thank you for the suggestions people. I feel like the ball is rolling. Hopefully i'll get to spend the summer driving my E30 again

Good to hear.

Yeah AJ's E30 was great.  He used the build to teach his workers.

ADL put me in contact with Driveshaft NZ in Penrose. I went in today and Wayne gave me a ballpark estimate of $500 or so for them to take the driveshaft out, lengthen, and balance it for me. I'll get the car towed there next week 

Thanks again for the suggestions everyone

Edited by Simmie

18 hours ago, Simmie said:

Yeah I have a b20 drivehsaft as my b25 shaft was too short.

13 hours ago, Simmie said:

ADL put me in contact with Driveshaft NZ in Penrose. I went in today and Wayne gave me a ballpark estimate of $500 or so for them to take the driveshaft out, lengthen, and balance it for me. I'll get the car towed there next week 

Thanks again for the suggestions everyone

Make sure you get good high quality U joints.

7 hours ago, Driftit said:

Make sure you get good high quality U joints.

Do you think I should have them replaced? The driveshaft is rust free with ~165,000km on it so i'm hoping that the joints are fine and all they have to do is replace the front section tube. 

I feel like having the U joints replaced too would double my quote