Sign in to follow this  
Bennyboy

Z1 anyone? ?

I'd love one. 

But $150k? ?

These are not a good looking car in the flesh.

And one off or not.  Those wheels are terrible and give it a nice 1999 wheel trend look.

• Like 1

I'ld love to add a Z1 to my Zed collection.  Maybe one of the other 2 Z1's in N.Z. will be cheaper.

I lived in Germany in the 90’s. I lived with a family who owned black e30 and E34 M powers. So funny, the next door neighbour had a Z1 in a very unusual pastel yellow.. hilarious.. on more than one ocassion when the z1 was leaving the street the E30 M3 would conveniently leave at the same time. The owner of the M3 ( the man of the house where I lived) would always say that the owner of the Z1 would always try and keep up as they hit the on ramp before the freeway.... he said by the time he hit the freeway however-   he lost him every time!!! I remember thinking at the time that it was cool (the z1) ... but hated that colour!! 

Not sure about this particular example’s wheels either.. 

I think it's one of the worst 80s-90s BMWs made. This particularly example seems very tacky.

Are they even worth that kind of coin overseas? 

Edited by Michael.

^^^^^ Yup totally out of character with any other model - rather alien & certainly not in keeping with BMW

On 9/11/2018 at 8:48 AM, NZ00Z3 said:

I'ld love to add a Z1 to my Zed collection.  Maybe one of the other 2 Z1's in N.Z. will be cheaper.

Surely there is more than 3 in NZ? I know of a pale green one in HB that was imported within the last 24 months, and a car collector based in who purchased one in new.