Sign in to follow this  
aja540i

CHEAP (?) V12

Everything about that car screams "money pit" to me.

Possible head gasket issues, leaking oil and pretty much neglected everywhere else.

This ones stuffed, end game #scrap

6 hours ago, Michael. said:

Very nice engine, but I don't know if $4k is considered 'cheap'.

4 hours ago, zero said:

Very nice engine, but I don't know if $4k is considered 'cheap'.

Yeah haha, it's relative for what they go for though. Could prob find one cheaper if you did some hard searching. 

Not a bad way to go for 320hp / 490nm though. 

23 hours ago, qube said:

Boot cannot open  --> dead body?

Don't start that one again. Although a big old 7 series like this does scream "drug dealer car" so maybe a body or could be the stash? Let's go halves and find out which one!

As for the Toyota V12 being cheap - if you think BMW Original Parts are expensive, Toyota can take things to another level for the less common stuff. And that was even with a hefty discount!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

if you think BMW Original Parts are expensive, Toyota can take things to another level for the less common stuff. And that was even with a hefty discount!!

Actually - they're not cheap for the common stuff either!

Every time i hear someone crying about BMW parts being expensive i ask them when was the last time you went to their dealer for parts. Answer is almost always never.

Went into Coombes Johnson one day just as the parts manager got off the phone from pricing up a tail light for a Prado, heard him muttering something like "...f**king ridiculous" under his breath ? I notice Toyota has "voluntarily" undergone a, erm... pricing review on their dealership spare parts inside China, the Chow government ran a review on prices from foreign owned companies in various areas inside their economy and invited Toyota to reconsider.

8 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

As for the Toyota V12 being cheap - if you think BMW Original Parts are expensive, Toyota can take things to another level for the less common stuff. And that was even with a hefty discount!!

BMW parts at times are ridiculous, CJ in Hamilton the other day for E39 headlight adjusters (two simple little pieces of plastic) $58 + GST a pair & in stock - they can stay there!

About $4 & free shipping out of China or - what i went for - USD$12 & free shipping for two pairs out of Latvia. Eurothaned the old ones together until replacements arrive.

I try to support local but this is outright taking the piss! - Even with a discount to be had.

I had a Camry as a work car (It came with anti-depressants in the glovebox), and Dad still had his E30. From the respective dealers, the brake pads were DOUBLE the price at Toyota!

The main thing I find with Euro cars, is there is generally a decent quality aftermarket part at a decent price, available somewhere - just like the adjusters mentioned above. With Jap stuff, you'll often find there isn't an alternative for little oddball bits, and genuine is EXPENSIVE.

A workmate paid $750 for a blower motor for his Surf... AFTER the parts guys arranged a special price for him. He couldn't find the correct one anywhere online, and there is about 6 different ones!