Sign in to follow this  
E30 325i Rag-Top

Break Open The Piggy Bank - M4 CS

Some pretty cool late model / low KMs M cars going through Mannheim's auction next week.

Just found this beauty listed on there, only 455kms, that's Four hundred and fifty five!! Wow.

Capture.PNG

Linky dink is here...

https://www.manheim.co.nz/passenger-vehicles/000000000005361773/2018-bmw-4-series-m4-cs-2d-coupé?referringPage=AuctionListing

Seems like an odd place to offer this car for sale? Or is our NZ economy really on a slippery downward slope, and I'm the last to wake up (as usual)

Anyone else share their thoughts please

Its nice, but i cant help but feel the (trendy) battleship grey lets it down a bit. Would look awesome in a nice orange or blue.

I wonder what the deal with it is? Is it NZ new or an import? Thats almost delivery km really, so why not through a dealership?

VINs suggest cars are AU/NZ market version (Area code 4 / Oceania radio control).  Could they be track / M festival vehicles? Still seems odd, that CS is a unicorn...

Buyers remorse perhaps? I've suffered a bit from this over the years.......

The 4 x M cars are all NZ new, originally sold through the BMW dealer network. M4 CS is the only one in NZ currently.

There is a back story as to how these have ended up in this auction rather than through a dealer.

21 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

There is a back story as to how these have ended up in this auction rather than through a dealer.

I'm on the edge of my seat! Don't leave me hanging!

• Haha 1

You might need a lawyer to say something

• Like 1

With the most recent comments, i'm tuned in now....let the story begin at once i say!

also intrigued. looks like the most recent plate on the black M4 was 'TSWP' - not sure if this means anything to someone?

proceeds of crime act??

Whatever the reason, original dealer must have low-balled them on the buy back.

Now the original buyer (or the cops) are trying to get a fair market price.

Divorce, remorse, finance, crime - could be a very boring back story or a somewhat interesting one.

4 hours ago, balancerider said:

also intrigued. looks like the most recent plate on the black M4 was 'TSWP' - not sure if this means anything to someone?

proceeds of crime act??

Tax Systematic Withdrawal Plan. Not dodgy, but something you have to be damned careful with. Maybe the owner went down this road, used the money to buy a nice car, and then found he couldn't meet his financial obligations? Hence recovery, and sale by auction?

I'd do more than 455km in one day with a car like that if I felt like wasting that type of money for a bit of fun

Edited by B.M.W Ltd
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Whatever the reason, original dealer must have low-balled them on the buy back.

Now the original buyer (or the cops) are trying to get a fair market price.

Divorce, remorse, finance, crime - could be a very boring back story or a somewhat interesting one.

First statement -  wrong.

Second statement - both wrong.

Third - it's not exactly exciting, really. Sorry Graham, no exciting story, no locked boots full of dead hookers with this one. Just one of those situations where it's not 100% clear what can be disclosed on-line, so it's better to err on the side of caution on my part.

It's nothing that affects either the market value of the vehicles, nor the condition / maintenance of the vehicles. So nothing that a potential buyer should be concerned about if you are thinking of bidding on any or all of them. Unfortunately my piggy bank (and the wife's and the kids') don't have that many $$$s in them even when put together so they will be well out of my reach. I will probably be watching the auctions on line just to see how much they do go for, purely out of interest.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

I'd do more than 455km is one day with a car like that if I felt like wasting that type of money for a bit of fun

Not even run-in yet, hasn't had it's first M service to have the running in oils swapped out!! I'm with you Glenn, I would have been driving it 24/7 to get it serviced and then give it the full noise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

First statement -  wrong.

Second statement - both wrong.

Please explain how they're wrong. You don't need to lift the silly veil of secrecy to do so.

I'd put money on the fact that they're not outright "wrong". May be a matter of semantics.

Edit: does a new car warranty transfer in cases like this? If not then something suspicious is going on, who'd buy a car with 500 km's with no warranty? Especially a BMW these days lol!

Edited by M3AN

The warranty has nothing to do with the previous owner, warranty is attached to the car. Assuming it's NZ new then the service plan ceased when the previous owner sells the car as that agreement is between the owner and BMW NZ

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M3AN said:

You don't need to lift the silly veil of secrecy to do so.

When it relates to my employment, and possible lack of, I disagree with the "silly" part. Hence the disclaimer below.

• Like 2

Chap from Manheim says it’s a finance company repossessed vehicle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Other M car goodies in the same auction...

All late model with low kms, especially the X6M.

M2.PNG

M4.PNG

X6M.PNG

Still counting my coins... Yeah... I don't think i'll be making any serious bids for one of the M-Monsters haha

Geez some of these new BMW's are getting fugly!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

anybody follow the auction to see what it went for??