Sign in to follow this  
Omni Carlo

335i recalls

I m just going to buy a 2008 LCI 335i but before that just checking about the recalls which has been there from BMW.... i know 1 is for the airbag in the steering wheel and another is for the wire harness . Can someone tell me how to check if its already done on the car or if not can it be done in NZ as its a japan import 

I filled in a form on the website of the BMW dealer in Hastings and got a phone call from a service representative after a couple of days for a appointment. 2011 sportswagon 325 Japanese import. They only did the drivers side. After that I got 2 invitations for a online survey about the service, which I never fill in btw.

16 hours ago, Omi Carlo said:

I m just going to buy a 2008 LCI 335i but before that just checking about the recalls which has been there from BMW.... i know 1 is for the airbag in the steering wheel and another is for the wire harness . Can someone tell me how to check if its already done on the car or if not can it be done in NZ as its a japan import 

If the recalls are under the category of "Safety" then yes, they will still be carried out free of charge by the dealerships in NZ, even though it is a Japanese import. The VINs of all cars affected world wide are sent though and if it's on the list, you're covered.

The seller of the car should really be able to tell you that information, or at least find out for you, especially if they are a dealer IMHO. If they don't know or can't be bothered then I would be looking at buying elsewhere.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BM WORLD said:

call the bmw dealers in nz

This. Call your local dealer with the vin number they can check the history. Or pm me and I'll do it when I'm back on at the work on Wednesday 

15 hours ago, Species 8472 said:

I filled in a form on the website of the BMW dealer in Hastings and got a phone call from a service representative after a couple of days for a appointment. 2011 sportswagon 325 Japanese import. They only did the drivers side. After that I got 2 invitations for a online survey about the service, which I never fill in btw.

That link doesn't actually check to see if your car has any recalls, just passes on your details to the local dealer to check and follow up

Annoying.  Websites here just do it by VIN.

Mine had 3 recalls.  Both airbags and an ECU update.  Worst BMW service I have ever had though.  Bunch of arrogant twats.  None of which are paid enough to be arrogant.