Sign in to follow this  
Shady46

2 Button IR key

Hi Everybody!

I'm trying to track down one of the old IR key fobs (early E46) so I can have remote locking - but I can't seem to find a decent priced one anywhere. Does anyone here know where I can find one? Doesn't need to have a blank blade, all I need is the infrared remote.

Good luck, id like to find one too so i can have a spare one, theres one on trademe with all internals but thats $60. Im sure there would be some sort aftermaket fob, just the button type with ir somewhere out there

have some ir boards etc 

11 hours ago, KelvinD said:

Good luck, id like to find one too so i can have a spare one, theres one on trademe with all internals but thats $60. Im sure there would be some sort aftermaket fob, just the button type with ir somewhere out there

If you mean listing 1787511103, that's sadly an RF one, not IR - already hunted around on there

10 hours ago, BM WORLD said:

have some ir boards etc 

Would you be interested in selling one?

22 minutes ago, Shady46 said:

If you mean listing 1787511103, that's sadly an RF one, not IR - already hunted around on there

Not sure, it was like mine in the pic below which is IR. Would be nice to upgrade to RF as IR has crap range and you literally have to point at the clown nose to get it to work as you probably know.

20181004_200536.jpg

2 minutes ago, KelvinD said:

Not sure, it was like mine in the pic below which is IR. Would be nice to upgrade to RF as IR has crap range and you literally have to point at the clown nose to get it to work as you probably know.

Yeah, looks the same as your image (well, without the IR LED) - but the description says it's RF. 

I don't mind the IR, range is fine for me, and it means no accidental pocket unlocks lol; only thing is with the RF you would have the trunk release on the fob also, which could be nice.

16 hours ago, Shady46 said:

Would you be interested in selling one?

yes , call or email to sort