Sign in to follow this  
balancerider

More limited M4 goodness

I saw one here a few months ago in a showroom here in San Francisco. Absolutely aggressive looking.

2 days ago I followed one on the freeway - what I love is the distinctive gold roll bars...very cool car!  I still think it’s a shame that BMW changed the nomenclature for this model. I still see it as a M3 GTS! 

Edited by ssbmw
Mis spell

6 hours ago, BreakMyWindow said:

Pilot super sports have been replaced by the ps4s.

Maybe was an ex M car track experience demo?

None of the NZ New cars were used as demos or track cars, all went straight to customers.

This one has been through quite a few pairs of hands already, traded against other high-performance cars.

The original Sport Cup tyres would have been pretty well gone after 6,000kms of moderate driving. Don't know much about the Nexen range (I'm sure it varies a lot from budget to performance) but not putting the original rubber on would look like a penny pinching excercise. Something to check further on a car like this.

• Like 1

There was something else that was bugging me about the car, and I have finally managed to realise what it is.. the wheels have been changed from the factory GTS rims that it had originally, and the ones that have been added don't look as good to me.

I wonder 1) why were they changed and 2) if the dealer has them to include in the sale. Personally I would think this reduces the value of the car as it's no longer "stock" in terms of it's overall collectability as they were a GTS specific wheel. Maybe I could use that as a negotiating tactic to get the car down to a price I can afford?

I believe this car has been used properly, including some hill climbs etc.

Isn't it 1 of 3 sold in NZ? Two Mineral Grey, and the other is Frozen Grey?

We had a white one at Chch BMW but I think we sold it to a customer in Hong Kong

The white one was the DTM Edition GTS, which made it four GTS in total.