Sign in to follow this  
550i

LCI E60 550i Angel eyes bulbs ?

hi there I'm just wondering if anybody knows the part number for my car a faceleft e60 550i for the driver side angel eye bulb  I haven't taken it out yet I tried to remove the h9 bulb but it is clearly not that one that's giving me the issues just the Rings themselves stop working.   Any help would be good, its a super tight space to work in .  Thanks 

Headlight out to replace the bulb. About $65 + Gst for the bulb from memory (which is not good)

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

Yeah  I phoned up the dealership or Auckland BMW and they quoted 78 + gst just seems Crazy For One bulb but maybe that's what I'll have to pay if I could get recommended aftermarket? I believe you get a set for about that but yeah I'll see what people recommend thanks.

Be careful what you buy or you will have LCM issues

Cheers yeah I see some give an error , I guess I will have to pull mine out and see what they are and what match's them.  Or just bite the bullet and get them from the stealership? 

The bulb is only an Audi A4 Halogen  park light bulb worth $12 moulded into the BMW headlight fitting to eye gouge you. If your careful, you can do this

Cheers man you don't happen to know the part number for it to you or the code for the bulb?

8 minutes ago, 550i said:

Cheers man you don't happen to know the part number for it to you or the code for the bulb?

There are two different bulb wattage's. You need to remove the bulb holder and carefully breakdown the plastic mould that holds the bulb into the bulb holder without destroying the holder / lense assembly. When removed the voltage & wattage is visible on the bulb barrel. Its a bayonet fitting that only needs to be secured by a very good loctite type adhesive. It all comes down to how you value your time. If I cannot achieve a dollar / time result ... I pay... I value my time at $100 per hour 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 550i said:

The BMW part number that is ? Cheers

BMW don't supply bulbs. It's the bulb, reflector and mount assembly all in one

yeah sorry that's what I was meaning the full unit, I don't   want to spend the time Imucking around I would probably break it if I try to do the other way.  Cheers for your help.?

You will still have a lot of fun getting the headlight out and back in again. I hope you have patience 

I have about zero patience no I intend to take it to a local mechanic who charges a very reasonable rate.

Your local may cost you more unless he has experience working on these vehicles

He has some .  Everybody recommends bmworkshop but the last job I got quoted I managed to get done about one tenth of the price..... 

Hi Scott,

For the LCI models with Xenon Headlights, the angel eye bulb can be accessed without removing the headlight.  The Pre-LCI ones require you to remove the headlight, but LCI models, the angel eyes are powered by an H8 bulb.

I can supply and install replacement factory or aftermarket led options that won't give you any bulb out errors.

Send me a message.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by curryinahurry

53 minutes ago, curryinahurry said:

Hi Scott,

For the LCI models with Xenon Headlights, the angel eye bulb can be accessed without removing the headlight.  The Pre-LCI ones require you to remove the headlight, but LCI models, the angel eyes are powered by an H8 bulb.

I can supply and install replacement factory or aftermarket led options that won't give you any bulb out errors.

Send me a message.

Cheers,

Andrew

I stand corrected then...carry on guys