Sign in to follow this  
qube

E39 M5 for 20k

On 10/12/2018 at 1:12 PM, qube said:

PFL pre 2000 with high mileage - $15-18k

PFL pre 2000 with average mileage well optioned and maintained $17-21k

FL 2001+ with high mileage but well optioned and maintained - $18-22k

FL 2001+ with low mileage well optioned but reregistered - $26-30k

FL 2001+ with average milage well optioned well maintained no accident history - $30k

FL 2001+ with low mileage well optioned well maintained no accident history - $32-36k

2002 with less than 1000kms on the odo... 176k usd.

I think your pricing is a bit on the low ball/quick sale side. 

• Like 2

at the end of the day its just my opinion on the market value. of course it is open to interpretation and happy to be proven wrong!

Maybe ?

On 10/12/2018 at 4:44 PM, m325i said:

Aaron from Porirua?

Picked it up yesterday. Drives very well. Previous owner attended to mechanical issues and maintenance well. There are lots and lots of receipts in the glove box and in the boot... including a few 5 liter bottles of TWS oil which is handy.  Interior is pretty damn immaculate for a car with 200k. I don’t think the rear seats have been used. 

Exterior needs a few door dents pushed and wheels refurbished.

Motor feels strong, gearbox much nicer than my previous M5.

I need a bigger garage!

• Like 13

Mate you stole it! Great score and looking forward to seeing it at an upcoming meet/catch up!

great score, Aaron! ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, str8_6 said:

Maybe ?

Picked it up yesterday. Drives very well. Previous owner attended to mechanical issues and maintenance well. There are lots and lots of receipts in the glove box and in the boot... including a few 5 liter bottles of TWS oil which is handy.  Interior is pretty damn immaculate for a car with 200k. I don’t think the rear seats have been used. 

Exterior needs a few door dents pushed and wheels refurbished.

Motor feels strong, gearbox much nicer than my previous M5.

I need a bigger garage!

Nicely done Aaron.

Not the first person to move on from M5 ownership only to come back to it. Testament to a great all round car.

• Like 4

Hi mate, awesome stuff. No doubts going to a good home.

Congrats. Out of curiosity, which E39 M5 did you own previously? (Is it a car still owned within The Bimmersport community?)

6 hours ago, ssbmw said:

Hi mate, awesome stuff. No doubts going to a good home.

Congrats. Out of curiosity, which E39 M5 did you own previously? (Is it a car still owned within The Bimmersport community?)

Cheers!

I used to have a 1999 Avus Blue. Was one of the first in the country. 

I don’t think it went to a community member.

I don’t think I’ll daily it. More of a weekend toy.

I do get it (regarding having another stint in E39 M5 ownership) - seems like a pretty common phenomenon globally). Probably like a few on our board here, I have had the privilege of driving a few different ///M cars - including some newer machinery that put out some serious power. However, I don’t think I have ever driven / owned a vehicle like the E39 M5 which is an  all -round absolute pleasure to drive. Totally intoxicating. I love the look of BMW coupes, but this is a stunning car to look at too. Rock star colour too man!  In terms of driving them as a weekend toy, I can relate to that!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ssbmw said:

I do get it (regarding having another stint in E39 M5 ownership) - seems like a pretty common phenomenon globally). Probably like a few on our board here, I have had the privilege of driving a few different ///M cars - including some newer machinery that put out some serious power. However, I don’t think I have ever driven / owned a vehicle like the E39 M5 which is an  all -round absolute pleasure to drive. Totally intoxicating. I love the look of BMW coupes, but this is a stunning car to look at too. Rock star colour too man!  In terms of driving them as a weekend toy, I can relate to that!!

I agree. I sold my last one with some reluctance but was keen to move into something a little more modern. I tried an e92 M3, e60 M5, even branched out and looked at a 996 911. Kind of considered a F10 M5 but they’re so much bigger. I kept coming back to the e39. The V8 is just so nice day to day. They just got everything so right (imho) and you’re right, they are stunning to look at.

• Like 2

If this is the car I saw coming down the gorge on SH1 this morning (at around 8:30ish) then kudos and well done... it's a bluddy good looking unit!

(snd if it isn't - kudos and well done... it's a bluddy good looking unit!).

50 minutes ago, SmithyInWelly said:

If this is the car I saw coming down the gorge on SH1 this morning (at around 8:30ish) then kudos and well done... it's a bluddy good looking unit!

(snd if it isn't - kudos and well done... it's a bluddy good looking unit!).

Cheers Cory. I thought that was your 330i but wasn’t sure.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, str8_6 said:

Cheers Cory. I thought that was your 330i but wasn’t sure.

Yep, that was me - we might have cross-waved, haha!